Long 2021 Recruiting Rollercoaster Ride Pays Off FINALLY!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 31, 2015
It's been a very long rollercoaster ride over the years, but FINALLY all of the hard work and thousands of hours, dollars, and miles paid off!

Thanks to all the coaches and parent volunteers along the way who helped to make our daughter's dream come true to play DI softball!

To all the other girls out there that are still in the NCAA recruiting grind (esp. 2021s!), keep working harder than everyone else, and keep the faith!

Alex Anderson Commits to GMU

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Reading the article, sounds like not only is there a good bat on her shoulder, she's got a great head on her shoulders. Not just thinking how things can be better, but working toward making things better. Good for Alex!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Congrats to Alex! The hard work begins here. Finish HS and summer ball strong!

I read the article and see that she had an offer to MIT. I am curious why y'all would turn down that offer, which I am sure others have asked. The #1 school in virtually every category. I am sure there are a lot of factors, but a degree from MIT would set her up for life and they have a pretty salty softball program. I know 2 kids that are there right now playing softball. Super duper smart kids.

https://www.niche.com/colleges/massachusetts-institute-of-technology/rankings/
https://www.niche.com/colleges/george-mason-university/rankings/

Dec 11, 2010
Congrats!

And a special congrats from my wife, a former IBM’er from back in the day when they ruled the world, lol! She has had an awesome career in I.T. in both the tech and sales side- it’s definitely a becoming less of a male dominated world- women kick rear at the company she is at now.

Jan 31, 2015
Reading the article, sounds like not only is there a good bat on her shoulder, she's got a great head on her shoulders. Not just thinking how things can be better, but working toward making things better. Good for Alex!
Thanks for the kind words. Since she doesn't fit the DI pitcher mold (i.e. 5'8"+) she was told a long time ago that she would have to work a lot harder and offer more, so she became a clutch/power hitter and one of the FEW LEGITIMATE STARTING third basemen who is also a starting pitcher at the national travel level.

And now she's getting back to work to increase her power both from the mound and the plate before the fall.

Below are some of her hitting highlights from the past few years.

Last moonshot over the scoreboard from her last fall tournament in Vegas which made the Extra Inning Softball plays of the week.

2019 Hitting Highlights
2018 Hitting Highlights

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28