Locker room baptisms at Texas Tech?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
It's interesting to note that Trenity Edwards was one of the ladies that was baptized, and she is also the one that complained that Coach Gregory told her to put her hair up. She preferred to wear it up in an Afro style, which she did for the remainder of the year. Here is her statement. Thoughts?

TTech1.jpgttech2.jpg

Last edited:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
My reply did not take a stance of one side or the other, right or wrong, it simply pointed out that since our country is a Christian country, as noted on our coins and currency, that is therefore our culture and other religions' activities might be looked at differently.

Every religion has a god...so, the wording on the currency doesn't matter a whole lot.

But, 70% of the US does say they are Christian. So, could you tell me which Christian religions are OK in the locker room? No one Christian religion has more than 25% of the US population...

Would it be OK with you for Texas Tech to have a Mass in the locker room? Should the coach be allowed to encourage snake handling after a game? How about a Christian Scientist coach throwing away the defibrillator?

Jun 8, 2016
Every religion has a god...so, the wording on the currency doesn't matter a whole lot.

But, 70% of the US does say they are Christian. So, could you tell me which Christian religions are OK in the locker room? No one Christian religion has more than 25% of the US population...

Would it be OK with you for Texas Tech to have a Mass in the locker room? Should the coach be allowed to encourage snake handling after a game? How about a Christian Scientist coach throwing away the defibrillator?
Dude..you are going get your thread locked by a Super Moderator.. :LOL:

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
I don't see a problem with it if the players who got baptized chose to and the FCA rep did it.

let's think this through....

so, a college age woman gets baptized in an athletic locker room.
why?
I suppose that it is possible that one athlete, came to Texas Tech, discovered Christianity, and decided to grow her Faith, and become baptized. And because many of these p5 athletes live, breath, and die for softball, she decides to have the sacrament performed in the locker room. ok... a bit strange, maybe - but plausible.

But if there is more than one player? What is the reason for this pattern?
If the players are already christian, then why weren't they already baptized before enrolling at Texas Tech?
Who is pushing for these baptisms? The individual players? the team in total? the coach? etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28