Locker room baptisms at Texas Tech?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
Part of me says not big deal . The team feels like family, It's their choice,etc.

The other part is that did they really choose? Was the coach putting pressure, did they force (or strongly encourage) others to attend the ceremony etc.

In the end, it's the latter that makes me think they shouldn't do it.

Jul 2, 2013
I am not necessarily saying it is morally wrong, but if you use the second definition of strange, which is "not previously visited, seen, or encountered" it does make it strange (at least to me) since I have never heard of this happening before..

Sorry, I miss-read your post.

I think you'd be surprised how much things like this do happen. They just aren't reported because there's not a bigger story going on.

Jul 2, 2013
Hard to insure there is no peer/coach pressuring in a situation like this.

That's always the case for something like this. I would think you give them the benefit of the doubt until someone speaks up and says that the coach made them participate. There's no evidence of that here. In fact, the article stated this:

“Although not communicated definitively as being voluntary, most agreed that participation in any faith-based activity was indeed voluntary.’’

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I have seen them on church grounds...but not inside a church. Ok so you guys have convinced me it isn't strange to have a baptism in a locker room. As a matter of fact, I think I am going to insist that the first of my children to get married do it inside a supermarket.

Baptisms don't just happen inside a church...neither do marriages. I'm not even close to being a "Bible thumper", but it's amazing how some people get really bent out of shape. There are many other FAR worse things that can happen in a locker room.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2014
I have seen them on church grounds...but not inside a church. Ok so you guys have convinced me it isn't strange to have a baptism in a locker room. As a matter of fact, I think I am going to insist that the first of my children to get married do it inside a supermarket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28