Locker room baptisms at Texas Tech?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 2, 2013
I don't see a problem with it if the players who got baptized chose to and the FCA rep did it.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
'Chose to' are the operative words in many of these now more socially complex issues.

There are colleges that have vegan campuses?! So...?!

Jul 2, 2013
The fact that people are actually being baptized in a locker room isn't strange?? :unsure: If they took ground balls in a church would you find that weird?

Not really. As long as it wasn't forced on anyone and they did it on their own time, I don't see an issue. Just like I would have no problem with a Muslim member of the team using a room for prayer time.

Jun 8, 2016
Not really. As long as it wasn't forced on anyone and they did it on their own time, I don't see an issue. Just like I would have no problem with a Muslim member of the team using a room for prayer time.
I am not necessarily saying it is morally wrong, but if you use the second definition of strange, which is "not previously visited, seen, or encountered" it does make it strange (at least to me) since I have never heard of this happening before..

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Baptisms such as this have been occurring for years at a wide range of places (public & private). The FCA is involved with and has a presence amongst various sports and has been involved in many of these type's of activities. I've never heard of them forcing anyone, it has always appeared (to me) that it is an individual's choice whether they participate or not. That phrase "chose to" as RAD points out is an operative word. If the problem is that it occurred on public property, then this type of issue will continue to be a bigger problem, big brother is watching more closely than ever and more people have more problems with other people's choices and are much quicker to go complain.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28