Locker room baptisms at Texas Tech?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
I guess I'll put in my 2 cents, not that its worth anything LOL. But this topic is along the same lines as prayer in public school and as a Christian myself who loves to see the Gospel of Jesus Christ spread far and wide and to as many as possible, it flies in the face of what this country stands for. Which is freedom of religion (Which begs the question of whether the founding fathers were Christian by and large and to that i would say many were deists. For where in scripture does it say that God is OK with worshipping any other than him? I digress). That being said if we want prayer to happen in schools, baptisms etc. to happen the powers that be who run the school or education system better not make a rule that only certain religions are allowed. It better be all or nothing and in that light IMO no educational institution unless designated as such (Catholic School for ex) should allow any of it in school. If you want to baptize a fellow teamate, do it in private or on your own time. The only subject which I think could be taught in school that would be ok, is the topic of Origins. Was the universe etc. Created or was it by Evolutionary means.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
If wearing your hair up (out of your eyes for better performance) is part of the teams dress code then you don't get to wear it down to honor your sister. Think of another way to honor your sister. This is as dumb as taking a knee during the NA. Everybody nowadays thinks that if they feel strongly about an issue they don't have to follow the rules, codes or laws . Kinda how riots start.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
If wearing your hair up (out of your eyes for better performance) is part of the teams dress code then you don't get to wear it down to honor your sister. Think of another way to honor your sister.
Simple!
its not about anyone person thats just sensible

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Cool..my kid will be the 2nd.
Why would you want to do something thats already been done? You could at least be original and have them get married on top of the supermarket. And to make it even better, you could have a huge inflatable slide on side of the building and instead of coming out the church and down the steps, they can slide down from the roof as everyone cheers!

Feb 15, 2017
Keep searching..99% of the world's population would find getting married in a supermarket strange as would most people find getting baptized in a locker room strange. Someone who thinks that it is strange isn't condemning Christianity (I am Catholic) I just find it odd.
So it's wrong because 99% find it strange?
Let people celebrate their nuptials and faith where they want.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
Hey look somebody brought politics into the conversation so we now have politics and religion in this thread. Sounds like a winning formula for having a civil discussion...🤣

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hey look somebody brought politics into the conversation so we now have politics and religion in this thread. Sounds like a winning formula for having a civil discussion...🤣
Just got back from my first coaching practice in a year, I’m ready to talk softball, politics, and religion.....oh yeah, also ball gloves! Four of my favorite subjects.

Feb 15, 2017
No idea what you are talking about.

But there is this:

I have one dd that was a leader of college Athletes In Action which I believe is part of Cru.

Both of my DD’s have participated in various prayer circles with other teams over the years.

More than one time I have found myself with a helmet, gloves and a riot baton in formation of a state police crowd control team.

I‘ll kneel for no one, thanks.

Take your Marxist comment and put it where the sun doesn’t shine, friend.
Very high brow response. I don't think you get my point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee