Locker room baptisms at Texas Tech?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Um, yeah.

At 10u I wanted to scream out “My daughter joined a softball team to play softball, not because we were looking for friends.”

I guess I’m anti social but the last thing I wanted after two weeknight practices and weekend tournaments was team dinners, sleepovers, parties or ESPECIALLY (gasp!) a pool party. Just kill me now.

Now I have to add a paragraph to my rant about not needing a new church?

Its a softball team, people.

Jun 10, 2018
NY
Worse things could be going on in a locker room! I think its odd but great! Reaching people for the kingdom! But, Im a holy roller....

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm Catholic, although listening to our wonderful news stations, I'm not sure I should admit it these days... Anyway, while I'm all for prayer in the family, baptisms in the dugout seem a bit extreme to me. I attended a Catholic elementary and high school. We typically had prayers prior to all of our sporting events. In fact, a priest would often bless both teams before the competition would begin. That is how I was raised, so I see nothing wrong with it. That said, I can understand why other schools would not want to do that. Baptisms in the dugout is something I had never even thought about until I saw this thread. While I would not classify it a crime (unless the participants were coerced), I also wouldn't participate myself. My entire family was baptized in churches, and I don't see that changing anytime in the near future.

Jun 8, 2016
I'm Catholic, although listening to our wonderful news stations, I'm not sure I should admit it these days... Anyway, while I'm all for prayer in the family, baptisms in the dugout seem a bit extreme to me. I attended a Catholic elementary and high school. We typically had prayers prior to all of our sporting events. In fact, a priest would often bless both teams before the competition would begin. That is how I was raised, so I see nothing wrong with it. That said, I can understand why other schools would not want to do that. Baptisms in the dugout is something I had never even thought about until I saw this thread. While I would not classify it a crime (unless the participants were coerced), I also wouldn't participate myself. My entire family was baptized in churches, and I don't see that changing anytime in the near future.
Well it was in locker room not the dugout so I am sure that changes your mind 🤣

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I'm not sure what I can add to the conversation, here. But I keep getting tugged to say something. I've been in and out of this thread all day. Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion and I can respect that. I'm a Christian man that believes in the power of prayer and the need for the outward expression of a salvation moment; baptism. I get that this kind of conversation, this verbiage, makes people uncomfortable, and even aggravates people who have never felt that feeling. Christians are often accused of being judgmental (we probably are...we aren't less human, you know) and told that we must be tolerant of other beliefs and lifestyles. Combine that with the fact that most of these kids have being playing ball since they could walk. They travel every weekend and play 2-3 days of ball. "Can't go to church; it's bracket Sunday". "Sorry you have youth group on Wednesday, it's the only day we can practice this week" (ever wonder why?). So when these kids hear about the Gospel and they want to make that outward expression in the only venue they've ever known, why would we be surprised? They don't know any other way. I've been to several weddings at Busch Stadium from kids who have only known ball. Of all that is wrong in this world, I just can't see this but anything of an upside. But I am biased, I love the Lord. I admit it. It may not be good for business. But that isn't what I was put on this Earth to do. Matthew 28:19

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood