Loading Vertically

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Loading/unloading vertically "down to"

uZJiR22.gif
Not sure that needs to be taught if everything is done correctly up to that point..at least the unload vertically part. Get into a good position to swing from and when the brain tells you to go, you go. I could be wrong..

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I get the posture is vertical here with Aaron and he seems to be using his glutes in the move-out as demoed in the golf video (rear posting-up like in basketball) you uploaded. Due to the pitch location being up in the zone, he can maintain that position and has very little shoulder tilt.

Do you agree that in the video I posted that Griffey goes from extension to flexion to extension in his lower section?

i see neutral to flexion to extension

1614971645035.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Not sure that needs to be taught if everything is done correctly up to that point..at least the unload vertically part. Get into a good position to swing from and when the brain tells you to go, you go. I could be wrong..

exactly!! You don’t need to be taught how to unload. Unlike some gurus teach. The only thing you would probably need to teach would be ..... DOWN TO w the hands towards the plate universally..Ha, you had to know that was coming! 😆

Jun 8, 2016
. DOWN TO w the hands towards the plate universally..
Most kids do this already..but often from the wrong position...If you think that is all the hands need to do then fix everything else before that and you are set...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee