Loading Vertically

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2014
I get the posture is vertical here with Aaron and he seems to be using his glutes in the move-out as demoed in the golf video (rear posting-up like in basketball) you uploaded. Due to the pitch location being up in the zone, he can maintain that position and has very little shoulder tilt.

Do you agree that in the video I posted that Griffey goes from extension to flexion to extension in his lower section?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So the Ferris Wheel that others teach is what you would categorize as dumping, correct?

Correct, the body is folding contracting "down to" along with the hands.

DoMGI9d.gif

Jun 8, 2016
I’m just sayin it violates the vertical load pattern. Things are going every which way. Same could be said for ‘keep the front shoulder in’..
I am still not convinced, that if everything else is done correctly, that some instruction of what to do with hands/forearms at launch (to me what TTB instruction means) is going to be destructive. The core is still pulling, etc, etc. Not saying it is necessary in all/most cases but also not convinced that it won't help with a hitter who has "dead hands" Pros/scouts have been talking about how hitters have "good hands" since baseball started and since we like to listen to what pros say (right? 😛 ) and most never really never explain what they mean by that, who am I to disagree?? :LOL:

That said we have beaten that horse into oblivion already so lets move on from that...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802