Loading Vertically

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
‘But the hips open beforehand Ww’..

Yes yes they do. They should. The initial opening isn’t force, it’s stretch. ‘Running start’... That’s the loading or the middle getting torqued. Take a peek at what is open and what is closed (AND FOR HOW LONG) during the forward move and why that makes the hips open early. It’s a big key to being vertical and efficient.

1614953745112.gif

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Yes. It’s about capturing/trapping/filtering the energy and bringing it back up the body to the hands and bat.

what makes this loading so successful is the body has an opportunity to capture every bit of created energy and use it w little compensation that would hinder posture, direction, adjustability.

one by one the gurus are starting to agree . ‘Down to to be up through’.

the trick is learning what muscles are active and which are not in order to ‘stay straight’ and vertical.

Where did this little girl find the power to launch this ball deep to the outfield?

View attachment 21250
Composite bat?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Composite bat?

then how come everyone doesn’t launch the ball deep? She harnessed every bit of energy she created and put it into the ball. If I’m not mistaken, she had time to stop at 3rd and have a convo w the coach and then trot home. LOL. She captured all her energy and put it into the ball via the bat.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I don't see much "S-plane" loading with Hank. His posture is already set in his stance and then the stride lowers his COG a bit while trying to stay closed off.

Its there just not as much as others.

ahNkvnR.gif

Jun 8, 2016
Its there just not as much as others.

ahNkvnR.gif
I don't see it but I will take your word for it..

Is this like one of those ""If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" sort of deals...? ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802