Loading both scaps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Anyone teach pitching both scaps as the load. JUCO baseball coach teaching it. Talks about how it allows less movement and tighter swing.

Apr 17, 2019
I just got up and tried it.
To get a proper pinch, I had to have the bat in what I'd consider too close to my body for a starting position. And the bat was angled knob pointing forward, I couldn't get it to point to the catcher's feet and maintain that pinch. I'd be worried about it taking players out of posture. It was hard to do and maintain spine angle. Aaaaand I had a lot of tension in my shoulders which I'd say you don't want as it will slow the swing down.
Think I'd stay away from it, stick to my old one scap, 'elbow the guy behind you' cue.
Curious what others would say.

Aug 20, 2017
Teaching scap load can get you into the weeds. Teaching to load the hands can achieve the desired result. JMO

Jan 28, 2017
I just got up and tried it.
To get a proper pinch, I had to have the bat in what I'd consider too close to my body for a starting position. And the bat was angled knob pointing forward, I couldn't get it to point to the catcher's feet and maintain that pinch. I'd be worried about it taking players out of posture. It was hard to do and maintain spine angle. Aaaaand I had a lot of tension in my shoulders which I'd say you don't want as it will slow the swing down.
Think I'd stay away from it, stick to my old one scap, 'elbow the guy behind you' cue.
Curious what others would say.
When I load this way. The knob is at the catchers feet and hits all the boxes (not a complete pinch with the front arm though). The tension is what I'm not sure of but I feel more across my back.

Nov 8, 2018
Tango I’ve been teaching my dd and others to load with the scap. Sets the bat handle up great. The hands don’t get to far away from the body either.
I like it. Stays compact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 28, 2017
Tango I’ve been teaching my dd and others to load with the scap. Sets the bat handle up great. The hands don’t get to far away from the body either.
I like it. Stays compact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it could really help with losing the barrel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog