Load/Stride

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I watched the video. It was very informative. I will definitely keep that one handy. I realize that it was my incorrect understanding of the order in which the mechanics happen. So I was teaching my daughter an all back, all forward mechanic. I'm not a hitting coach, cant afford lessons, but trying to do my research and learning to pass along to her. I even perform the movements my self to get a better understanding of it.

I have to say you all have been a great help. And this was just my second time posting here.

When I started on DFP (DD was 8yo), I knew pretty much nothing. I had always been athletic, but I didn't grow up playing baseball. Finding this site was huge for me, and I jumped in hard and fast to learn everything I could to help my DD become the kind of ball player she wanted to be. The power of shared knowledge is a tremendous thing. There have been a lot of influences long the way to help get my DD to the point she is now (14U travel ball, and on a path to playing in college), and what I have learned from the DFP community has been a significant part of it.

DEFINITELY try everything yourself. Work with new stuff until you understand how it fits in the context of the bigger picture you're trying to teach your DD. Also...a warning...don't download everything you learn to your DD immediately. Sort thought it yourself for a while first. I made the mistake of overwhelming my DD with all of the new info I was gaining. It was overwhelming and frustrating for her.

It's a journey, and the road ahead is long. DFP is here to help. :)

Oct 2, 2017
Also...a warning...don't download everything you learn to your DD immediately. Already learned that one LOL! And she has voiced her opinion on it LOL.

I played baseball all the way up to 10th grade, but the difference was that I didn't have anybody really teaching me how to do certain things. Such as batting. They just handed me a bat and said to hit starting from coach pitch all the way to high school LOL! I think that caused me to struggle tremendously against better pitchers etc. Therefore since she said she loves the game of softball, I want to actually teach her.

Apr 16, 2013
For players that struggle with power, I think that drill is excellent. Even better, coaches can have their players setup with their back leg against an actual wall, and put the net in front of them. Feeling that actual push against a real wall might make the "light bulb" turn on.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I'm sure this probably has been covered before. I did do a small search on this forum. My question is- Is the load and stride happen together or separate? Because I think me (Noob), have always taught my daughter wrong. As in load "back" and then stride. So to her it means literally go back first then stride. In doing so she really never gets her weight transferred. Because to her everything stays completely back.

Please describe what you mean by "the load".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom