Ll playoff roster rules

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 2, 2008
It's been awhile since I've dealth with LL, but I know that in recent years, a girl could continue playing Travel Ball throughout the LL playoffs. We have one girl on our team (pitcher - go figure) that is playing on her LL allstar team and they are in the midst of their playoffs. Her father is convinced the rules state she cannot be on an active travel roster during the LL playoffs. If true, this is not good for us - as we are entering the our playoffs - states for each of the sanctions and nationals.

Have the rules changed back to what they were several years back?

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
LL & travel play

Yes, a player can play BOTH All Stars (tournament LL) and Travel softball.

My DD is a pitcher in LL and playing Tournament team games. She also plays Travel. She is the LL strongest pitcher so situation similar.

That is fine.

Pitching rules changed a lot this year ...instead of every other game ...just one day of rest is needed if pitched more than two innings.
Can pitch everygame as long as there is one day in between games....can pitch two days in a row (2 innings Wed, 6 on Thursday)

Good luck!

May 8, 2008
Pitching In LL Tournament

I believe there is a rule against a girl pitching in another game while her LL team is still in the tournament. I only see the rule in the section for Juniors
(13-14 yr. olds) not in any other division.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
LL and Travel

Tournament pitcher may not pitch in regular season or Special Games while tournament is participating in tournament.
This does not apply to Travel.

I only see 9/10 10/11 rules and Junior + (13/14) guidelines
Will check on 11/12

May 29, 2009
Pitching rules changed a lot this year ...instead of every other game ...just one day of rest is needed if pitched more than two innings.
Can pitch everygame as long as there is one day in between games....can pitch two days in a row (2 innings Wed, 6 on Thursday)

Good luck!

Does this apply to 9/10 also? So as long as games are not 2 days in a row, the same girl can pitch every game? Wow, too bad that wasn't the case last year.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
9/10 LL pitching

9/10, 10/11, 11/12 pitching

They can pitch consecutive games as long as there is a day of rest in between.
Can pitch two on Wed, and 6 on Thurs ..if they pitch 3 or more innings a day of rest is required.

9/10, 10/11 can pitch up to 7 in a day if needed (extra innings)
11/12 can pitch up to 9 in a day if needed (extra innings)

A pitcher can pitch in Travel and LL if the LL org is not "supporting" the travel player or team in the travel games....LL isn't paying team fees for travel tourn, etc.

In our case Travel & LL completely separate, no one even knows anyone from the other org.
Our All Star games are several days apart and we don't have a travel tourn during the District play (just turned out that way)

Jul 20, 2008
Several years ago I decided to simplify my life by not dealing with the Little League sanction.

It is a good sanction for baseball but falls far short of the mainstream for softball.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802