Livestreaming setups?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2018
Gave @EcoT's streams a whirl this weekend. Click to see #10's right hit at the right time:

Remote streamed from @EcoT's Mevo, scoreboards automatically generated and added (link to all 6 games).

Any streamers have a tournament this weekend? PM me if you want to try adding virtual scoreboards!

When it’s fully functional, here’s how it will work: (1) give me your team ID, (2) point your camera RTMP feed to my server. (3) look on YT Live. That's it - enjoy the game!

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2016
Gave @EcoT's streams a whirl this weekend. Click to see #10's right hit at the right time:

Remote streamed from @EcoT's Mevo, scoreboards automatically generated and added (link to all 6 games).

Any streamers have a tournament this weekend? DM me if you want to help me test this!

This facility uses all nets.

I run the LynkSpyder with a safety carbiner attached to the net.

Mevo attached with a Tilt swivel to LynkSpyder.

Then the netting is pulled over the Mevo below the lense and tied down to give a net free video.

Try to place set up high enough so Picture Takers can squeeze underneath for Action Shots.

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
Such a small world, one of the teams you played (Indy Dreams) - I know one of their players, her dad got me started in filming games years ago. He said he talked to you about livestreaming during the game!

Nov 5, 2014

Any streamers have a tournament this weekend? PM me if you want to try adding virtual scoreboards!

Our team has always used periscope to stream but your quality blows ours away. How are you able to get around the 1000 follower YoutTube minimum that was mentioned a few posts up?

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Our team has always used periscope to stream but your quality blows ours away. How are you able to get around the 1000 follower YoutTube minimum that was mentioned a few posts up?

Mevo has a workaround they are using in their app.. But it is still very much a fluid situation. It is possible it could be turned off.

Feb 26, 2018

I get around the 1000 follower limitation because I'm technically re-streaming content to YouTube. My video takes a different path than the one you can access from the Mevo app.

A little more detail: @EcoT configured his Mevo+ to stream to my server. My server added overlays + scoreboards. My server then uses the YouTube Live Broadcasting API to re-stream it to YouTube.

I prefer YT because of the quality and because the content is easier to catalog + search + share. The approach I used requires that you write some software. If you don't want to do that you may want to consider a service like restream.

[ Or, if you are live-streaming and using iScore/GC and want to try re-streaming with scoreboards, PM me and I'll get you on YT! ]

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018
Ben,
How are your adding in scoreboards and overlays?
I would love to be able to do this.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feb 21, 2017
I get around the 1000 follower limitation because I'm technically re-streaming content to YouTube. My video takes a different path than the one you can access from the Mevo app.

A little more detail: @EcoT configured his Mevo+ to stream to my server. My server added overlays + scoreboards. My server then uses the YouTube Live Broadcasting API to re-stream it to YouTube.

I prefer YT because of the quality and because the content is easier to catalog + search + share. The approach I used requires that you write some software. If you don't want to do that you may want to consider a service like restream.

[ Or, if you are live-streaming and using iScore/GC and want to try re-streaming with scoreboards, PM me and I'll get you on YT! ]

@Ben99 I would be interested in overlays also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 22, 2020
NJ
@Ben99 I would be interested in overlays also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Ben99 I would be interested in overlays as well. Thanks

@Ben99 I would be interested in overlays as well. Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478