Livestreaming setups?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
BTW, it is looking like Mevo got flagged by YouTube and users can no longer stream via the app without 1,000 followers (just like the mobile streaming to YouTube limitation they put in place a couple years ago...RTMP). There is a workaround, but it isn't a good one. Mevo is working with YouTube to attempt to resolve. But I don't have high hopes.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
BTW, it is looking like Mevo got flagged by YouTube and users can no longer stream via the app without 1,000 followers (just like the mobile streaming to YouTube limitation they put in place a couple years ago...RTMP). There is a workaround, but it isn't a good one. Mevo is working with YouTube to attempt to resolve. But I don't have high hopes.

I saw that. If they can't resolve the issue, it looks like I'll have to go back to streaming to FB.

Aug 3, 2016

Are you kidding? I just ordered one. Guess I get to return it now. Where did you see that posted?

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Are you kidding? I just ordered one. Guess I get to return it now. Where did you see that posted?

The issue started earlier in the week and Mevo has been attempting to address the issue. This YouTube limitation was changed some time ago and I suspect that Mevo sort of slipped through the cracks.

But honestly, now that FaceBook has updated their resolution to accommodate 1080p, in my opinion, it is just as good if not better of an option. Very easy to use and you can setup whatever security you need to protect your stream.

Lastly, there is an RTMP solution that still allows you to stream to YouTube. We have told our customers that it probably isn't for everyone, but it is an option.

All of that being said, we still feel that the Mevo Plus is the best camera for streaming.

Aug 3, 2016
The issue started earlier in the week and Mevo has been attempting to address the issue. This YouTube limitation was changed some time ago and I suspect that Mevo sort of slipped through the cracks.

But honestly, now that FaceBook has updated their resolution to accommodate 1080p, in my opinion, it is just as good if not better of an option. Very easy to use and you can setup whatever security you need to protect your stream.

Lastly, there is an RTMP solution that still allows you to stream to YouTube. We have told our customers that it probably isn't for everyone, but it is an option.

All of that being said, we still feel that the Mevo Plus is the best camera for streaming.

I was using a Hero7 to stream to YouTube and got cut off when it went to the 1000 subscriber minimum. Kind of gave up trying after that. Thought I'd give it another try with the Mevo. Not a big facebook fan and don't have a page set up. Do you stream in 1080p or 720p? Doesn't 1080p eat up your data? I have unlimited data but they do throttle you down once you exceed a cap.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I was using a Hero7 to stream to YouTube and got cut off when it went to the 1000 subscriber minimum. Kind of gave up trying after that. Thought I'd give it another try with the Mevo. Not a big facebook fan and don't have a page set up. Do you stream in 1080p or 720p? Doesn't 1080p eat up your data? I have unlimited data but they do throttle you down once you exceed a cap.

We use a hotspot from a company called OTR Mobile. It is unlimited LTE (on an ATT network) with no throttling and costs $60 a month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802