Livestreaming setups?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 9, 2016
We have done this but the bottom of the mevo isn't water resistant without the boost plugged into it per the manufacturer and the boost lasts me through 3 to 4 games in the day so it's easier for me than multiple battery backs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I just can't imagine a lynkspyder and Mevo + Boost working together, but I'm probably wrong again.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I know the published specs of both but what is your opinion on resolution between the two? MEVO and Phone. Always such a broad topic that varies based on a product and what you actually see.

Resolution is typically determined by the limitations of the target (FB, YouTube, etc.), and the limitations of your connection speed. YouTube is 1080p max. FB upgraded from 720p to 1080p max at the end of last year. I have not been one to compare image claity, color accuracy, etc. side by side, so maybe there's more difference between the Mevo and an old iPhone than I'm paying attention to. My focus has been more on ease and reliability of function and efficiency of setup.

For me, the Mevo's ability to record and stream at the same time is important. I really like the Mevo's ability to precisely crop/zoom the image to eliminate fence wires in the shot.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
What is the purpose of the Boost? Seems to me like an extremely overpriced external battery. Am i missing something?

That's pretty much what it is...with some additional features. The Boost has a port for plugging in a hard-wire ethernet connection. This could be useful for mobile hot-spot users to eliminate the wireless connection between the camera and your internet source. The Boost also provides an additional level of weather-protection by covering the open USB port on the back of the camera. I don't see this as a major issue for most of us.

Feb 26, 2018
Ben99, I must of missed a few posts of yours.
How are you able to get IScore live into your Broadcast?
Is this available with Game Changer?
Iphone video looks good. And sound is clear.

@EcoT, you are right - it’s a livestream game with virtual scoreboard! It’s a test of a tool I’m building. This used iScore, although I’m technically able to work with both platforms.

Some backstory: I’ve played a lot with post-processing softball games to add multi-cam / scoreboard / radar. I’m relatively new to streaming, and the DFP community was a huge encouragement for me to jump into livestreaming. Last weekend’s results were really cool - knowing what’s going on and who’s at bat makes video viewing that much better.

When it’s fully functional, here’s how it will work: (1) give me your team ID, (2) point your camera RTMP feed to my server. (3) look on YT Live. That's it - enjoy the game!

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
What is the purpose of the Boost? Seems to me like an extremely overpriced external battery. Am i missing something?

The Ethernet port is the main reason we like it, along with the water proofing that the boost provides to the Plus. The ironic thing is that if you use the boost to waterproof it, you can't use the Ethernet port because it is under a water tight flap....but I digress. We like the Ethernet port because our hotspot can plug directly into it. This reduces 1 wireless signal. So rather than the camera wirelessly connecting to a device that wirelessly feeds to the internet, it is a much more efficient process. That being said, having to deal with keeping the boost charged is a pain and it causes all kinds of problems if it is too low; even if the Mevo has a full charge (much like the old GoPro Battery BacPac, if you were forced to deal with that disaster like we were).

Feb 18, 2014
Ouch... 84 degree FOV is terrible. Guess it's the MEVO Plus then. Now if Mevo Start can provide picture-in-picture with the Plus...

In the "don't do this at home" category, here's this past weekend's streaming setup after I accidentally left my Mevo and mounting bracket at home. Friend's iPhone X, attached via velcro ankle brace and resistance band. A step up from day 1, which involved using trainer tape.
View attachment 16502

This is where the iPhone's limited FOV prevented a proper field view. If my mounting solution only had a ball mount :) . But I have to say that the iPhone's superior optics made more vibrant video. Here's the captured video:

What software are you using here? It seems to be a couple of things.

Jul 9, 2016
@EcoT, you are right - it’s a livestream game with virtual scoreboard! It’s a test of a tool I’m building. This used iScore, although I’m technically able to work with both platforms.

Some backstory: I’ve played a lot with post-processing softball games to add multi-cam / scoreboard / radar. I’m relatively new to streaming, and the DFP community was a huge encouragement for me to jump into livestreaming. Last weekend’s results were really cool - knowing what’s going on and who’s at bat makes video viewing that much better.

When it’s fully functional, here’s how it will work: (1) give me your team ID, (2) point your camera RTMP feed to my server. (3) look on YT Live. That's it - enjoy the game!

Heading to Peoria this weekend. Gamechanger.

;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802