Live Streaming You Tube & Android 101

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 9, 2016
Would like to Live Stream with Go Pro and Android.

Would like to Live Stream softball games vs SD cards, rendering, uploading, etc.

Any tips on how this may be done yet?

Believe this can be done with IPhone, but looking for an Android Solution and You Tube.

Thanks.

Apr 20, 2015
Would like to Live Stream with Go Pro and Android.

Would like to Live Stream softball games vs SD cards, rendering, uploading, etc.

Any tips on how this may be done yet?

Believe this can be done with IPhone, but looking for an Android Solution and You Tube.

Thanks.
Haven't yet found a way. I gave up and just use Facebook live

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

May 13, 2008
Steamlabs will stream to YouTube, Twitch, and Mixer.

Periscope will stream to Twitter or Facebook if someone links or tweets your steam.

Jun 12, 2015
I would LOVE to be able to live stream to FB from the GoPro but I haven't found a way to do it that doesn't require a ton of technical crap. I'm not technologically challenged but at the same time I don't want to jump through a bunch of hoops. this should be simple enough for them to do if they'd just get together and do it.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I use Periscope for live streaming. As long as I have a stable WiFi connection, it's been very good.

My rig includes a GoPro 4 Silver for recording to SD, and an iPhone 6 as the Periscope live feed camera. The iPhone is no longer active as a phone, and connects via WiFi hotspot to my own phone (unlimited data plan).
MbnTPHA.jpg

It's kind of a pain in the @$$ to get set up every time, but it's a pain I'm willing to endure. I added a clip-on wide-angle lens to the iPhone to get a better field of view. The stock camera usually isn't wide enough to get both 1B and 3B in the frame at the same time.

Last edited:

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Streaming from the GoPro is possible. But in my opinion, the only viable option is using the mini HDMI port to a piece of streaming hardware; which is very expensive and riddled with HDMI errors across all of the different iterations of GoPro models. We sort of gave up on GoPro and smartphones for streaming this year and went to a Mevo Plus. What a great little piece of hardware that takes great video and has a wonderful app to control. It streams to most of the common online media outlets, but also records to microSD card at the same time. My only complaint is that it doesn't have an LCD like the GoPro. It would make setup a lot easier.

MevoLynkSpyderS.jpg

Jun 12, 2015
Thanks for posting that, Josh! I'll have to look into it.

Eric, what is that piece of hardware that allows you to mount both a phone and camera?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I used Facebook live on my old cell phone. I can connect it directly to local WiFi or use my current cell phone as a WiFi hotspot. This allows me to use my current cell phone for other activities during the game. When I used a GoPro I had to tie up my cell phone with the Periscope app.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric, what is that piece of hardware that allows you to mount both a phone and camera?

It's a Fence Clip and a combination of parts I got off Amazon to create the dual setup. It has taken me a while to sort it all out. I have recently simplified the rig to eliminate the adjustable pieces under each device. They were adding more complexity and adjustment that I didn't really need. The horizontal bar is slotted to allow for lateral adjustment, which is all that's necessary to get each camera in a good position. I have also replaced the phone holder with one that is more secure and won't drop the phone when hit by a foul ball. The big limitation I have with this rig is that I can't attach to nylon netting. I intend to put a LynkSpyder in my car for those situations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802