Live Streaming from GC Team Manager

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Just a follow up...

Our team has begun live streaming using Team Manager starting with a couple double headers two weeks ago and a tournament this past weekend. Had some issues with user error at the double headers (e.g., not enough battery supply for the broadcasting cell phone; bad camera angles), but no stability issues. At the tournament this past weekend, we got good feedback from fans on the broadcast and the scoreboard overlay.

Was recently engaged with customer support to suggest some additional improvements (e.g., name of batter displayed on overlay, pitch count displayed on overlay, compatibility with better live streaming cameras) and they indicated they will soon make archived videos available to players, parents, fans, etc. and not just those with staff access to the account. Seems like Team Manager is learning and evolving at an exponential rate based on user feedback, to which they have always been consistently responsive in my experience. Expect it to keep getting better in the coming months...

No, I do not own stock in Team Manager.

Aug 17, 2019
Actually today I received email from GC TM that video archives are available to non-staff members if they have a premium subscription. Now if I can figure out how to upload the video from TM app to YouTube that would be sweet. I know how to do it from a computer using Download Helper but I don't know if there is a similar app for phones.

My experience is that for some reason, the stream will cut off at around the 2 minute mark and then once restarted it won't cut off anymore. This is at places with 4 bars. Places with poor connectivity will cut out. Our team is looking into an hotspot.

Oct 4, 2018
Just a follow up...

Our team has begun live streaming using Team Manager starting with a couple double headers two weeks ago and a tournament this past weekend. Had some issues with user error at the double headers (e.g., not enough battery supply for the broadcasting cell phone; bad camera angles), but no stability issues. At the tournament this past weekend, we got good feedback from fans on the broadcast and the scoreboard overlay.

Was recently engaged with customer support to suggest some additional improvements (e.g., name of batter displayed on overlay, pitch count displayed on overlay, compatibility with better live streaming cameras) and they indicated they will soon make archived videos available to players, parents, fans, etc. and not just those with staff access to the account. Seems like Team Manager is learning and evolving at an exponential rate based on user feedback, to which they have always been consistently responsive in my experience. Expect it to keep getting better in the coming months...

No, I do not own stock in Team Manager.

Parents who pay for a subscription, that is.

Jan 29, 2016
The higher up the fence you can get your lens the better. DD happened to play her home games at a field that had an elevated score booth behind home plate. The scorer didn't mind my LynkSpyder hanging off the fence some 20 feet in the air. For those watching it provided a great view of what was going on beyond the pitcher / catcher. For the away games I often toted a small ladder - every little bit helps if your goal is for the people watching to have a good view!
get idea with bringing a small ladder. The wife is think I am nuts but i have to set up the camera every game not her. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802