Live Streaming from GC Team Manager

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
For those that are live streaming games from Team Manager (or have experience doing so), I am interested in any tips you have for the set up. I am planning to use an iPad to live stream the game and my iPhone to score the game (understand that you need to use different login credentials for each device). For those also using a tablet to live stream using this app are you setting it up on a tripod? Mounting to the fence? Just using the onboard camera? Are you adding an external fisheye lens? Sort of squeamish of setting up the iPad on the fence for fear of foul balls damaging it. Any tips, tricks, and pics appreciated. Thanks.

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
Go to a field and test how you want to mount it before you do it for a game. Mount it to the fence/net and make sure you don't have net or anything in the way of the lens. For most phones and ipads you are going to need a clip on lens to be able to get the entire field.

Taking a direct shot sometimes happen, but still slim. bigger issue is not having it mounted securely and the fence getting hit and knocking it off and falling to the ground.

I made my own mount, using a rake holder and a selfie stick. I also have a FenceClip mini with an adjustable arm. both work great.

Attachments

• 20200227_153113_resized.jpg
    20200227_153113_resized.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 57
Jul 14, 2018
From what I understand, AthletesGoLive uses a tablet for a camera, but I’d be hesitant to hang a big ‘ol tablet on the backstop. I worry about not creating a distraction with my two GoPro-sized cameras and a battery pack. Has anyone encountered an objection from an opposing coach or umpire when hanging gear behind the plate? I guess it’s the new normal.

From a pure usability standpoint, I would rather hang the phone and score on the tablet. There’s much better hardware for mounting a smaller device, and a tablet is easier to read when scoring. I’m planning on using an older phone for Game Manager, and I still have an unopened Mevo that I have a week to decide whether I should send back (see my other post).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 30, 2020
From what I understand, AthletesGoLive uses a tablet for a camera, but I’d be hesitant to hang a big ‘ol tablet on the backstop. I worry about not creating a distraction with my two GoPro-sized cameras and a battery pack. Has anyone encountered an objection from an opposing coach or umpire when hanging gear behind the plate? I guess it’s the new normal.

From a pure usability standpoint, I would rather hang the phone and score on the tablet. There’s much better hardware for mounting a smaller device, and a tablet is easier to read when scoring. I’m planning on using an older phone for Game Manager, and I still have an unopened Mevo that I have a week to decide whether I should send back (see my other post).

You can use your own phone or tablet with AGL. They offer a ruggedized tablet that has a higher threshold before it overheats.

I have not had any complaints about my camera setup at fields and it can get ridiculous with two phones for streaming and a GoPro mounted on a LynkSpyder.

Jul 14, 2018
Latest update from GC, sounds like good news:

First home run? Game-winning three-pointer? You now have the option to share and save clips in real time when your favorite player makes a great play. Simply tap ‘Share Clip’ and we’ll give you the last 30 seconds of video to save to your phone, text out to family and friends, or to #humblebrag on social media.

Further:

We know post-game access to the Live Streams is extremely important and we’re actively working on giving you the ability to access your video archive once the stream has ended.

https://blog.gc.com/2021/01/26/streaming-is-live/

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
Here is what we are considering implementing this season. Love some feedback.

1. Mevo Plus (in the past used for live streaming to FB) - will record games in 4K. Will use video to upload to YouTube channel so girls can get clips and use for social media or sending to College coaches.
2. Team Manager Live Streaming - will use an Iphone 12 Pro. System of record for scoring and for family/fans to watch games. (when you can save games, things could change).
3. Athletes Go Live. Being forced to use for TFL/Alliance games. Not sure of set-up camera etc yet, but we do NOT want to switch away from other streams/devices, so this will be a 3rd camera and a 2nd scorer.

Anyone implement anything similar?

AGL must be owned by someone associated with Alliance or they are offering some kickbacks. 95% of the teams we play already use GC/TM so making them switch doesn't seem realistic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478