Live hitting struggles

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
If you're tossing at a distance and speed that gives you a comparable reaction time (ball in the air time), it would still be the halfway mark between the pitcher and the batter, by your method.

Personally, I prefer to use pitch release as a general marker for when to start the stride. Foot lands at the right time for the pitch.

Correct, and I agree. For me its simple a way to make sure that they understand when the ball is here at roughly half way, we should be getting to at least toe touch. I would say either way is sufficient.

If they have trouble with live hitting sounds like the need more practice with live hitting. If they can’t hit top speed why are we practicing with half distance and slower speeds that’s really going to help with their timing from full distance full speed. My thinking practice what you are going to see in the game. Ask around for other pitchers who may want to work on their pitching to live batters.

Oct 2, 2017
If they have trouble with live hitting sounds like the need more practice with live hitting. If they can’t hit top speed why are we practicing with half distance and slower speeds that’s really going to help with their timing from full distance full speed. My thinking practice what you are going to see in the game. Ask around for other pitchers who may want to work on their pitching to live batters.

I'm not in disagreement at all about hitting live pitching. When doing front toss, whether it be half distance, or whatever is not going to be some lob the ball to the batter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12