Little Pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Height is one thing, weight is another. Most of the big (not just tall) girls I see in 10U are not exactly swimming in muscle if you know what I mean...processed foods and too much screen time don't help.

Oct 4, 2018
Height is one thing, weight is another. Most of the big (not just tall) girls I see in 10U are not exactly swimming in muscle if you know what I mean...processed foods and too much screen time don't help.

True. I've seen some that appear quite unhealthy, but of course I'm not the one to make that assessment.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
130lb at age 10? you gotta be kidding me...

Those girls are out there.

This is my DD at bat at 10yo (a little above average for height). The pitcher was probably in the 5'-8" to 5'-10" range, and you can bet she weighed more than 130. Her velocity made her dominant. In this game, we had 2 batters able to put the ball in play. She K'd everyone else with just FBs. To my knowledge, she is no longer playing.

Jun 12, 2015
My 12 year old is over 5'7" and around 150. She's very strong, all muscle. She used to ***stand out*** in 10U. These days she's still bigger than a lot of the kids her age but she's a late 06, so she tends to be younger than most of her teammates and she's starting to blend in more as they all hit puberty.

Sep 17, 2009
You have Jenny Topping on your list, right?
Like I said, it's been a while. I know Topping. Northwestern had a lefty catcher and we used to go on campus with our team for pitcher/catcher sessions....there were a few others.

May 9, 2019
Those girls are out there.

This is my DD at bat at 10yo (a little above average for height). The pitcher was probably in the 5'-8" to 5'-10" range, and you can bet she weighed more than 130. Her velocity made her dominant. In this game, we had 2 batters able to put the ball in play. She K'd everyone else with just FBs. To my knowledge, she is no longer playing.
View attachment 14807

unreal..

Jun 8, 2016
One of the biggest things with being that tall at 10U is at 35 feet away the pitcher feels like they are landing right on top of you. My DD faced a few pitchers close to that size this year, throwing low mid 50's. First AB most kids didn't sniff contact, second ABs the better hitters on the team put on much better swings. At that age a bit of the dominance is just a pure intimidation factor due to the size. Some of those kid's right leg weighed more than my DD (9 YO, 5' and maybe 75 lbs)

May 9, 2019
One of the biggest things with being that tall at 10U is at 35 feet away the pitcher feels like they are landing right on top of you. My DD faced a few pitchers close to that size this year, throwing low mid 50's. First AB most kids didn't sniff contact, second ABs the better hitters on the team put on much better swings. At that age a bit of the dominance is just a pure intimidation factor due to the size.

I've had my DD take swings on the jugs machine at speeds over 50mph and she's able to make contact. Was actually quite surprised.. but I guess it's a little different when you see bigfoot comin at you with that whip action lol.

Jun 8, 2016
I've had my DD take swings on the jugs machine at speeds over 50mph and she's able to make contact. Was actually quite surprised.. but I guess it's a little different when you see bigfoot comin at you with that whip action lol.
Put it this way, I faced 90+ when I played and I would have had a tougher time against those kids. It sort of reminded me of the speedball games we use to play as kids. Line up 25 feet from the batter and throw a pinky ball as fast as you can at the batter..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478