Little League Softball World Series on ESPN

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Saw a brief interview...she sounds and acts like a much older kid. She's also remarkably fast, especially considering her size. I don't think I've ever seen a 5'7" 12yo get up the line she does.
She is actually one of the younger kids on the team I think since she is in 7th grade (unless she was redshirted..) The SS (Starr) flies around the bases. For what its worth (perhaps not much), they actually did a combine-like thing when they had their tryout and Starr graded out the highest out of all them with Burnett (catcher) 2nd and Goose 3rd.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017
They worry about safety on sliding but don't care about the brick wall that the catcher ran into an inning or so later.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
They worry about safety on sliding but don't care about the brick wall that the catcher ran into an inning or so later.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yeah that brick wall was puzzling to me when I saw it..

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
She is actually one of the younger kids on the team I think since she is in 7th grade (unless she was redshirted..) The SS (Starr) flies around the bases. For what its worth (perhaps not much), they actually did a combine-like thing when they had their tryout and Starr graded out the highest out of all them with Burnett (catcher) 2nd and Goose 3rd.

A good number of them are from one team...the same one as "Goose". The announcers said a couple of times that the "Green Country Little League" consisted of two teams, and that the OK team is an "all star" group from those two teams. Did the tryout you mention form those two teams?

Jun 8, 2016
A good number of them are from one team...the same one as "Goose". The announcers said a couple of times that the "Green Country Little League" consisted of two teams, and that the OK team is an "all star" group from those two teams. Did the tryout you mention form those two teams?
The tryout wasn't publicized (in Central OK at least) so I am assuming they already knew pretty much who they wanted on the team (considering there were two kids from Central OK who were on it..)...plus publicizing a tryout for a LL All Star team in a State with no LL probably wouldn't look too good.

There is no LL in OK that I know of so that statement by the announcers was incorrect I believe...the team was formed via that "tryout".

The team had 6 players who didn't play for Tulsa Elite 2026 TB team (Goose's team) in the spring: Taylan Starr (Tulsa Elite 24/25 Knight), Shianne Dill and Mileigh Needham (Oktaha Aces), Ailanee Hicks (07 Texas Glory OK), Kandace Burnett (Epic 08 National) and Alexis Kierstad (Wicked 08).

Last edited:

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
There is no LL in OK that I know of so that statement by the announcers was incorrect I believe...the team was formed via that "tryout".

Concur that there is no LL in OK, or it's one of the best kept secrets I've ever seen. The whole origin of that team is a bit vague as far as the LL website and broadcast was concerned. My guess is that the "league" was formed by two teams as the announcers suggested, they played some required number of games (at Muskogee Hatbox field?) to check the box, and then the final group was chosen.

Jun 8, 2016
Concur that there is no LL in OK, or it's one of the best kept secrets I've ever seen. The whole origin of that team is a bit vague as far as the LL website and broadcast was concerned. My guess is that the "league" was formed by two teams as the announcers suggested, they played some required number of games (at Muskogee Hatbox field?) to check the box, and then the final group was chosen.
Could be I guess..I know for a fact they had that tryout but besides that 🤷🏽‍♂️ I could probably get the whole story if I wanted to but I should probably leave it alone 😂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802