Little League Rulebook

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
YES! I forgot but LL allows that rockback step! I was teaching dd to start with both feet on the rubber and go forward from there. I figured it was better to learn that way.

Sep 3, 2009
The reason they want you to register is for many organizations part of your team registration fees pays for a "free" rule book for each team. Sometimes these don't get handed out by the local reps because they forget, or get lazy, or don't have a good opportunity to distribute all at once and don't want to pay postage to mail all individually.

But why the secrecy? Just make it available to anyone as a download. If they want to be able to make money on it that's fine, then set it up so I can go onto the site, pay with a credit card, and download a copy. What Obbay said is right. You have lots and lots of coaches who don't know the rules because Little League is counting on each and every individual board to make sure every manager, coach and assistant knows the rules, but we all know that it doesn't work that way, at least in most towns. It's ridiculous. And now we have fall games starting, our board has not been able to supply us with a set of rules, and the entire National Little League office is on vacation. It's like in "My Cousin Vinny", when the whole store gets the flu so he can't buy a suit.

Jul 28, 2008
YES! I forgot but LL allows that rockback step! I was teaching dd to start with both feet on the rubber and go forward from there. I figured it was better to learn that way.

Keep teaching her that way, even though LL allows a pitcher to start with only one foot on the rubber.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse