Little experience, big dreams

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2009
Coach Lia,
Thanks for the advice! As far as being coachable goes I think i've got that down. My coach knows i'm very eager to learn and he says he respects that. For the summer I want to start a different workout routine because i've been taking a kickboxing class, but its been starting to really bother my shoulders and back and its been effecting my throwing a bit. Any advice on how to get a faster swing? I have a lot of power but slow hands.

May 7, 2009
Today was the last game of my freshman season. We played a good team, but beat them 10-0. The first time i went up to bat, I struck out, so i really wanted to get a good hit next time around. Second time up and the pitcher pitched it right down the middle and I pretty much killed the ball. First home run of my high school career! Right over left fields head and to the fence it went. Hopefully there will be more to come!

Feb 8, 2009
Since you haven't played competitively before, I wouldn't play A yet. Good B competition will suit you just fine. Realistically, you wouldn't find playing time on an A team. I'm sure the practice would be helpful, but you have to crawl before you can walk. You need game experience to go with alot of practice.

Apr 20, 2009
Philippines
Hi Hera

My apologies for my late reply. How are your shoulders doing? to increase bat speed? I'd advice to increase in core and leg strength. You'd be surprise how the power of hip rotation can help in increase bat speed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee