list of NCAA and NPF pitchers that are I/R ambasadors

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JohnnyO

Began this habit in 1980
May 13, 2015
Midwest
Does anyone have a list or who is going to make a list of pitchers currently playing that use I/R? It would be nice to have for using with kids to compare motions.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I've seen some very low level college ball on YouTube where the pitchers don't have I/R mechanics.

I thought this was going to be a thread about NCAA/NPF pitchers who promote/talk about I/R mechanics (since that's what ambassador means). That actually would be a great list, since someone like Jennie Finch is great to model but not great to have as an instructor (unless she's changed her teaching). Would be cool to see which high-level pitchers actually preach what they practice. I suspect it's most of them these days.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I've seen some very low level college ball on YouTube where the pitchers don't have I/R mechanics.

I thought this was going to be a thread about NCAA/NPF pitchers who promote/talk about I/R mechanics (since that's what ambassador means). That actually would be a great list, since someone like Jennie Finch is great to model but not great to have as an instructor (unless she's changed her teaching). Would be cool to see which high-level pitchers actually preach what they practice. I suspect it's most of them these days.

Kind of hard to change your stripes when HE is your brand and at the core of all your tools, videos, and other revenue generating items.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Kind of hard to change your stripes when HE is your brand and at the core of all your tools, videos, and other revenue generating items.

Ah, but then you come out with My Totally Worth The Money System 2.0 - NEW AND IMPROVED!

Now you can sell a bunch of new tools, videos, and other revenue-generating items to the same marks, but this time, you're actually teaching proper mechanics.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I am sure there are some great pitching coaches who were previous college and even D1 Power 5 pitchers out there. I just haven't personally seen many yet. Everytime I hear of a girl who is giving lessons who recently pitched in college I run the other way and fast. Of course, I know there must be exceptions to that, but again haven't seen them.

The question you should be asking is...."who was the pitching coach for that player now turned pitching coach?"

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Does anyone have a list or who is going to make a list of pitchers currently playing that use I/R? It would be nice to have for using with kids to compare motions.

Yeah, all of them.

Once you get any sort of slow motion footage, no matter what you see at the beginning or the end of their pitch they all do.

It is critical that you have SLOW, SLOW motion and at highest framers per second you can get. The eye is way too easily fooled at full speed. It is why the super-slow motion of Amanda Scarborough is my favorite as you can see basically frame-by-frame an elite pitching motion.

JohnnyO

Began this habit in 1980
May 13, 2015
Midwest
I had an all american that went on to pitch in the NPF that I had thought might be a good pitcher to demo when Pauly came to town one time when Sarah couldn't make it. I sent her video to Rick and he said she was a good example of how if you work hard enough doing the wrong things you can be pretty good and not a I/R demo candidate. That's what I'm meaning, we can't say all of them throw with I/R if they are at the top levels. I also have a former NPF pitcher that used to hold all the U of Minnesota records that teaches full blown HE and wrist flips extensively in Minneapolis. It is so bad. We need Fastpitch Foundations to get going soon. Maybe we need a Santa Claus naughty and nice type list, label both sides.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee