Lily 10U - Advice/help with crowhop

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
You will find the coach(s) that will get it called on her right in the middle of some serious competition. Hard for a young one to handle that moment.
There’s always that one guy. I’m the opposite - I might say something to the coach afterward, but never to the umpire.

Sep 19, 2018
You will find the coach(s) that will get it called on her right in the middle of some serious competition. Hard for a young one to handle that moment.
I've seen that happen. Not fun. she pitched a whole tournament without comment. The last game the opposing coach started complaining. She fell apart, it was awful to watch. She asked to be taken out of the game.

Sep 19, 2018
It looks to me like you are seeing a tincher. Is that correct? If so, what does PC say? How are you handling advice here vs what the PC says?

Jul 29, 2020
watch most any college pitcher... they do the same thing as seen in pic above. if your a coach complaining during a game about a 10u player LEARNING how to pitch, you need to check yourself. i would MAYBE talk to the opposing coach either between innings or after the game but not to the umpire during the game.

Oct 26, 2019
Do you have a suggestion
It looks to me like you are seeing a tincher. Is that correct? If so, what does PC say? How are you handling advice here vs what the PC says?
Yes, she goes to a Tincher instructor and he is great working with her. With that said, I still like to do my research and not just blindly accept what he says. I like to make sure I understand it myself. Before I tried to implement anything with her I run it by him first to make sure there are no mixed messages.

I also try to learn as much as I can because I coach a 10U team. While most of the girls see their own instructor, not all do, and I like to be able to at least help with the basics. My DD is definitely not the only kid we have who leaps like she does.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
My 12U DD is struggling with the same exact issue. We are doing a drill similar to the rag drag drill in the video posted earlier, just without the rag. Will try the rag tonight.

2 weeks ago in a tournament, she came into a big game in relief. The opposing coach watched her warm up then walked straight to field ump. She was called 3 times in 5 pitches for illegal pitch. She had never had it called on her in 2 years of pitching, but it was opposing teams tournament. Coach had to pull her. She told me that is was more embarrassing than anything. She is now motivated to fix it, but it's hard to change something that she has been doing for a while.

Oct 26, 2019
My 12U DD is struggling with the same exact issue. We are doing a drill similar to the rag drag drill in the video posted earlier, just without the rag. Will try the rag tonight.

2 weeks ago in a tournament, she came into a big game in relief. The opposing coach watched her warm up then walked straight to field ump. She was called 3 times in 5 pitches for illegal pitch. She had never had it called on her in 2 years of pitching, but it was opposing teams tournament. Coach had to pull her. She told me that is was more embarrassing than anything. She is now motivated to fix it, but it's hard to change something that she has been doing for a while.
That is a tough spot to be in, but often times sports and life give the test first and then the study guide later. I would take it as a learning opportunity and it seems like she has

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28