Lily 10U - Advice/help with crowhop

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
I am looking for some advice on my DD’s slight crowhop that she has developed. Why it may be happening and suggestions on how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Apr 20, 2015
Definitely not a crow hop, she does very slightly fly or leap. Super common as pitchers try to learn to drive. Telling mine to keep her laces toward the catcher fixed it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Oct 26, 2019
I am not used to this pitching yet. :)

You can put something on the ground, like a ribbon, she needs to drag.

I would just leave her alone right now though.
I haven’t messed with her much. She used to turn her right foot out pre-push and drag the side of the foot Like an anchor instead of the toe. She has corrected that for the most part. The slight leap started after that. One fix led to another issue.

Oct 26, 2019
looks legal to me. If someone is complaining about this at a young age.... please
No one has ever called it on her, but I was worried they might. If consensus is it’s not a big deal then I’m good with that!

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
No one has ever called it on her, but I was worried they might. If consensus is it’s not a big deal then I’m good with that!
You will find the coach(s) that will get it called on her right in the middle of some serious competition. Hard for a young one to handle that moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802