Liberty Advanced Issues

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
We have 3 LA gloves. DD#1 has 13” H-web she uses for pitching & MI. Never had any issues with balls popping out of this glove.

I’m a proponent of using the biggest glove you can handle so for me 12” is too small. I’m probably in the minority on this site but I wouldn’t go smaller than 12.5 for any position.
Hey I'm all for individuality, and for a person who knows what they like, and what works for them. But I've been to way too many showcases, elite camps, and invite camps, now this really doesn't apply to showcase tournaments, but at these camps those college coaches will let the girls know right quick a 12.5"+ glove is too big for 3B and middle infield! I've seen it said and happen multiple times.

May 21, 2014
I'll take another stab but a picture would help. She probably squeezes it like most girls do and like she does her 1b mitt. Guessing this thing is working like a single hinge and is going thumb to middle finger.

Easiest is to have her go to 2 in the pinky. You can also pull the glove apart and modify the heel pad to get a better close.

I still do not know why more manufacturers are not building a thumb side heel break point into their gloves. This is the number 1 problem with girls and their gloves.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101