"Let it get deep.. (spawned from the Haley Thread in Practical Hitting)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Bonds leverages both legs.. He owns his up-front actions.. He then releases which allows him sit fyb dynamically for the off-speed pitch.

huNEjED.gif

IY36z3t.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
This guy never releases into both legs for leverage.. IOW's bypasses the fyb hitting position .. He rides his rear leg until he either swings or takes..

Z31kfEG.gif

Compared to getting into a leveraged hitting position before whipping the barrel.

KIInqE1.gif

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

This guy doesn't ride the rear leg correctly... I don't like this hitter's movement. I assume that you also don't like this hitter's movement. Do you know what that means? Neither one of us teach this... Funny how the truth works...

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
This guy doesn't ride the rear leg correctly... I don't like this hitter's movement. I assume that you also don't like this hitter's movement. Do you know what that means? Neither one of us teach this... Funny how the truth works...
Sort of looks like this guys little brother

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
different to me. The kids COM is spent or forward at foot down. Altuve is still closed or ‘back’. Unless you’re taking about stature?
The 'kid' has decided to take the pitch before stride foot touches down. What you are seeing is his 'take style'

Edit: During a game you can see so much about whether a player is 'locked in' or not by how they take a pitch. Works for both the offensive and defensive coach as to what you may ask your hitter or pitcher to do.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The 'kid' has decided to take the pitch before stride foot touches down. What you are seeing is his 'take style'

i don’t see that in the best. The kid is giving up the eccentric stretch before foot down. Basically his swing is in the shift. ABAF.He takes the pitch while unloading. Much different than JD; he gives up the stretch after foot down. Coincidentally that’s what keeps JD from losing the back leg too soon.

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
i don’t see that in the best. The kid is giving up the eccentric stretch before foot down. Basically his swing is in the shift. ABAF.He takes the pitch while unloading. Much different than JD; he gives up the stretch after foot down. Coincidentally that’s what keeps JD from losing the back leg too soon.

Depends on many bests you ask your hitters to be like I guess. If it's only one, good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812