"Let it get deep.. (spawned from the Haley Thread in Practical Hitting)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Depends on many bests you ask your hitters to be like I guess. If it's only one, good luck.

They are all the same with regards to when they shift their COM.

Here’s Trout as a ‘kid’ with the same COM as JD. They both don’t give up the stretch until after foot down. If you do you are not adjustable. 1 pitch at a time.

1592157871076.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So how would you fix the 'kid' ?

The Barry bonds double stretch drill (my new personal favorite). J Stones PVC progression. Just for a constraint. But it’s really is in the Instruction of the feels of the drill. Not the drills themselves. I would want the player to feel the glutes being loaded and controlling the forward move. If we are talking about the ‘kid’; Things like posture will need to be addressed as well.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
The Barry bonds double stretch drill (my new personal favorite). J Stones PVC progression. Just for a constraint. But it’s really is in the Instruction of the feels of the drill. Not the drills themselves. I would want the player to feel the glutes being loaded and controlling the forward move. If we are talking about the ‘kid’; Things like posture will need to be addressed as well.

Where can we find this drill

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478