Let’s Talk Timing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
You said you take live swings. I would like to see them. Especially with how valuable you say they are, and with the sense of authority with which you post.

Well yes, I might speak with authority from your point of view. That’s because you don’t know anything. So, that’s not my problem. It’s your problem. lol 😂

Aug 20, 2017
You don’t even have look at the swing. You know how easy it is timing wise. When you mess up, everything is rushed and good contact is poor.

It’s pretty easy. See for self and if you want video it, video it and share. I’m busy, going to start working out and swinging. I will decide when to post my swing.

I’m going to swing at lessons (with the student) and do the exercises (Goata, core) with the student.
I’m assuming you have never coached fastpitch softball based on this statement

Aug 20, 2017
Not so, forget about the front foot. If you are using the front foot the ball will be by you before you can get the gun out of the holster.

You guys do swing a bat against a live ball don’t you? It’s healthy to swing the bat.
If you ignore the front foot, you will look like a rec ball hitter. The front foot up is the load. I guess if I focused on TTB quicker that would fix timing 😳

Reactions: TDS
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Front foot up first, before any upper movement, sets the sequence to be better

Not nit-picking but I am. If there aren’t some counter balancing upper body actions then the ‘load’ as you say will not be as balanced or dynamic. It’s kinda together but against each other. It’s very similar to walking but the body is split down the midline(walking)more so instead of top and bottom(hitting). Same counter balancing actions so one can be dynamic though. Kinda like Reggie.

Reactions: TDS
Jun 8, 2016
No, Pattar that is not what you
meant or what you said. You did explain your point this time.
Of course. I think when you get your foot down (regardless of whether you want to be 1-legged, 2-legged or 10-legged) is probably a better measure of being on time then when you start. Your start is dictated by that in combination with your particular style.

Maybe you can explain what I meant then because measure is the same as metric. The last sentence was purely in that context.That said I am serious, explain what I meant to me.

I have said this before, stop trying to act like Rich. I have no issue with you believing in what he teaches but you don’t have to act like an as$. The only reason you responded like you did is the mention of foot down makes Rich salivate like Pavlov’s dog.

Also at this point in time we are both old men and would probably both look like crap against live pitching.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
You guys are hilarious. I think the hand full of posters on this website who don’t work with or have never posted their hitters or their own swing (except for Work=wins) is laughable when it comes to understanding the swing.

What is there 5 or 6 who post here? All who don’t work with hitters or coach.

May you continue to theorize your fantasies. I’m going to go actually swing and work with real players.

Goodbye and good luck. Theorize away.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
You guys are hilarious. I think the hand full of posters on this website who don’t work with or have never posted their hitters or their own swing (except for Work=wins) is laughable when it comes to understanding the swing.

What is there 5 or 6 who post here? All who don’t work with hitters or coach.

May you continue to theorize your fantasies. I’m going to go actually swing and work with real players.

Goodbye and good luck. Theorize away.
Nice call Rich 😂🤣😫

Feb 25, 2020
Dunning-Kruger-Effect.png

Shawn, where do you think you fall on this graph. You seem quite confident.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802