Lessons

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Vel

Aug 6, 2019
Looking for softball lessons for my 11 year old at a reasonable price. She wants to be better prepared for junior high try outs next year. We are in Chattanooga. Also if possible would like to find her a team to play on so she can get more practice. Her birth year is 2008.

Vel

Aug 6, 2019
She has only played rec ball for a year and a half. She has mostly been a catcher but played short stop and outfield. She is very determined and passionate about softball. With the right coaching she could do great things.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
She has only played rec ball for a year and a half. She has mostly been a catcher but played short stop and outfield. She is very determined and passionate about softball. With the right coaching she could do great things.

If she's ready to take the next step, get her with a travel team. Better coaching and better quality of competition is effective for improving skill level and learning the game at a higher level. This is probably more effective than just taking lessons.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
There is a lot of good free info on-line. Justin stone video. (again) I worry with my DD about going to a hitting instructor that poor. I have witness lessons from instructors that are fundamentally bad. Or the ones that say "there you go, nice job babe .... your doing great... that a way ... blah blah blah. He didn't teach a damn thing but parent feel good cause he is a nice guy and DD likes him. But they start to wonder why she is not getting better come game time. 11 y/o is not too early for your DD to understand her swing. Know why we do this or that. Understand that the arms are not the source of power.

post a video of some swings and you will receive some feedback for sure.

If she is passionate she should definitely watch it with you multiple times

Vel

Aug 6, 2019
If she's ready to take the next step, get her with a travel team. Better coaching and better quality of competition is effective for improving skill level and learning the game at a higher level. This is probably more effective than just taking lessons.
Thank you. A travel team is what she is wanting but you have to try out for them. Plus idk where any travel teams are in Chattanooga.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thank you. A travel team is what she is wanting but you have to try out for them. Plus idk where any travel teams are in Chattanooga.

Tryouts are a part of softball life above rec ball. Tryouts are a two-way thing. They are looking at your DD as a potential member of the team, and you are looking at the coaches and team to see if it's something you want your DD to be a part of. If you don't know what to expect, find a local team of your DD's age, and go watch them practice. See if your DD's skill level is something that is compatible with what you see on the field.

Here's what I came up with when I did a google search for "chatanooga travel softball teams"...

Hopefully, a member here that is familiar with your area will chime in and give you some more specific guidance. Another thing to do is talk to people in your rec league. You can probably find someone with an older DD currently playing TB. They can probably give you some good info on where you should be looking.

Jun 12, 2015
There are plenty of teams in the Chattanooga area. I'm in GA and we have a local message board where coaches post tryouts. Maybe there's something similar in your area? Ask around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802