Left or Right

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2016
Here are videos from each side ball exit has been measured at 68 and 70 from each side, at a "combine" camp and very high 60s at a college camp. Feedback welcome, stay switch or stick with a side, what are your thoughts?

Mar 26, 2016
Wouldn't let me submit 2 videos so here is the other side, kind of looks like she's pulling everything, I'm wondering if that's the angle

[video]

Sep 17, 2009
What age NLL? Both sides look pretty good. The righty seems to have a little more pop -- better stretch and resistance, her natural side I imagine. If she's not slapping, not sure it matters, ie, whichever one she feels most comfortable and hits best on. Probably should pick and concentrate on one side to develop it, but also if she's having fun and can hit, let her play around with it.

Mar 26, 2016
16U she has one of those early b day months, at times I wish they played grade level for travel, but at the same time she will always play against older kids so it'll make her better. You are correct right is her natural side, she does attempt to slap. She plans to kind of use the side depending on situation in high school, play with pitchers depending on count, for example 3-0 count switch sides, needs to get a bunt down for a hit, switch back right so the defense moves back, and most importantly whatever her coach tells her to do.

Sep 11, 2017
Seattle, WA
Agree lefty. My DD made the switch full time at first year 14u. Yours looks like it will be a way smoother transition than ours. Its paying off bigtime now 3 years later, but that first year was a process, to say the least.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478