Leave Your Helmet ON!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Glad Maddie didn’t get hurt Eric! That runner had full intentions of initiating contact!

With the catcher that I’ve been around the last two months on this 18U team, that would have probably been a problem for that runner, in fact I’m sure of it!

Feb 13, 2020
Maddie did take her glove off though (for a second). I wonder if that was the trigger for coming home? I know it's only showcase but runner should have been ejected for creating contact IMO.
One time my Dd stole home after the catcher took their glove off and wasn’t paying attention but my dd slid under the girl instead of sprinting right into her (also dd did it a little stealthier and quicker than that girl. I’m not sure what those coaches were thinking sending her. They probably were trying to knock the ball out of Maddie’s glove which is very unsportsmanlike)

Mar 28, 2014
My DD's team doesn't play like that. They got their revenge on the scoreboard.
I always find it interesting how that is the case 99% of the time in softball but not baseball. In baseball that runner would be wearing one his next AB. Then girls complain about being called soft..........

@RADcatcher what would have happened to the runner back in your day?

Jun 24, 2011
Your opponents were pulling that bush crap at a showcase? In my experience, college coaches want to see kids hit, not travel coaches who think they're clever.

I'm glad to see Maddie playing and that she's ok. Take solace that the other team's parents' mouthy behavior in the stands probably cost their team potential interest from college programs.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
@RADcatcher what would have happened to the runner back in your day?
We were allowed to be in the path of runners waiting for the ball on its way.
The ball actually got there same time on this. Was in the dirt.
Had to go around or through the defense.
No warning or ejection on this~
20160706_102355-1.jpg
Stood up and threw her over my shoulder. No warning/ejection on that either.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
As for comments about pitching at a batter.
We used to have to make attempt to move out of the way, then if hit, awarded firts base.
So we did have brush back pitches.
And we didnt have helmets until my junior year in college in regionals. Senior year started wearing them.
(eventhough bb previously did)

Reminder, now its just stand, get hit, get first base.
So any revenge bean balls its normal to 'just get hit' take it for the team.

*Add~ also breaking up a double play was expected!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28