Leather Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 7, 2016
thats a loaded question and depends a lot on where you live. Moisture is a ball killer.

Leather: Thunder Heats with poly core, or dream seams.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I use Dream Seams. Not because they are the best leather ball but I can purchase them for what I consider a decent price.

The best leather balls I have found have been Sterling. They are what I would consider expensive.

Jun 14, 2018
to me it depends on if you are wanting a practice ball or pitching balls. I did get a dozen of the Mach 1's from WarriorMike a while back and have had great luck with them lasting for practice. I also have a mixed bucket of Thunder Heat's and Dreamseams for the pitchers to pick from.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Dudley Thunderheats ASA slightly outlast the Dream Seams when used for team practices, team hitting and the numerous hitting and catching lessons I give. That said, it's not by very much. If you're going to use them for pitching also, go with Dudley's or Dream Seams because they have the best seams for pitchers IMO. If not, Include Sterling and Diamond in that group. All are quality balls that will last.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
+1 On the Sterling... Over the years we have tried just about any and every brand out there. DD is a pitcher and prefers the "tackiness" of the Sterling cover.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478