Learning to bunt lefty?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2019
Look at it this way that if somebody is still training on what they already know how to do... And are willing to add more time learning a new skill set then that is another tool in the toolbox.

Or this perspective
In this situation if she just worked on being faster out of the box from the right side and work on sprinting more she could help her time being safe from the right side and not have to learn the additional skill sets of being a batter from the left side.

She can always develop a quick sneak bunt from the right side.
if batter is breaking 3.0 from the right side that is a very efficient. If can get to 2.8 from the right side that is notable!
This makes so much more sense. It’s not like she doesn’t have other things to be putting more time into as well. I don’t know what I was thinking. 😂

Oct 3, 2019
What position does she play?
She’s been CF/RF mostly the past couple years but played 3B when she first began playing at 12u. Her high school JV team is putting her at SS though. She’s not happy about it but might be good for her ultimately to become a utility player.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
She’s been CF/RF mostly the past couple years but played 3B when she first began playing at 12u. Her high school JV team is putting her at SS though. She’s not happy about it but might be good for her ultimately to become a utility player.
SS is another skill set!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Anywhere from 3.02 to 3.10 from the right side as of last Summer. Two weeks ago she was timed at H.S.tryouts and someone who was present only stated that she is fast. I don’t know the time.

Girls that beat out bunts with speed aren't just "fast". They have the kind of speed that makes people say "wow". Ludicrous speed. Even in 12U.

Mar 8, 2016
Girls that beat out bunts with speed aren't just "fast". They have the kind of speed that makes people say "wow". Ludicrous speed. Even in 12U.
The above statement. DD played with a D1 slapper. You did not need a stopwatch. You knew she was fast. She regularly beat out bunts that were poorly placed. When coaching first I regularly just said holy cow

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The above statement. DD played with a D1 slapper. You did not need a stopwatch. You knew she was fast. She regularly beat out bunts that were poorly placed. When coaching first I regularly just said holy cow

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

That's exactly the kind of speed I'm talking about. If they put the ball on the ground, it's a REALLY difficult out. These girls are rare.

Jul 14, 2018
Ludicrous speed!

b0f9af50b0e1b8279525d3635a6c0c8a.jpg

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse