Leap into 2022, USA rules change for pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2016
Me personally I think it’s about time!!! Levels the playing field if they’re going to use hot bats and hard balls well then the pitcher should have some advantage… Then again I am a male pitching instructor who happens to play men’s Fastpitch so I’m a bit biased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 10, 2020
Me personally I think it’s about time!!! Levels the playing field if they’re going to use hot bats and hard balls well then the pitcher should have some advantage… Then again I am a male pitching instructor who happens to play men’s Fastpitch so I’m a bit biased.

A real mans man with manly thinking

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I think one of the main benefits will be fewer arguments and illegal pitch calls when the drag foot is a few inches above the clay.

it will just expand and become “she’s replanting”.

Make them both legal and limit the pitchers rules on this, and you won’t have to worry about it. But back her up 2” to keep it more even.

win/win

Jun 20, 2016
It's amazing that I was involved with softball when they stopped Leaping & Crow hopping decades ago...
big statement of 'no can do' was implemented.
Saw the difference in pitching before and after and now here we go again LOL...back to it leap'ish.
LEAP'ISH will happen!

Just want to say good luck Discerning the difference between leaping and crow hopping!

Let the dust fly and land where it may. Yes that was a reference to pitching...

The funny thing is I remember the men’s game when we had a pitch legal both feet on the rubber toe drag, I also remember when they moved us back 3 feet and allowed us to leap…..

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
The funny thing is I remember the men’s game when we had a pitch legal both feet on the rubber toe drag, I also remember when they moved us back 3 feet and allowed us to leap…..

Imagine that 🙂

Just pitch it
& Hit it

Dont care closer is fine... jumpy leapy whatever...
... BRING IT!!! 💣💥👍😎

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28