LBR on walked batter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Runner on 3rd, batter is walked.

LBR does not take effect until batter-runner touches 1st? Until then runner on 3rd can just hangout off the base?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Runner on 3rd, batter is walked.

LBR does not take effect until batter-runner touches 1st? Until then runner on 3rd can just hangout off the base?

Correct. LBR is only in effect after the batter-runner has touched 1st or has been declared out and the pitcher has possession of the ball in the pitching circle.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Not sure that is true for LBR.

DD hits ball LBR is in effect immediately, I think walk is different.

Walk or hit doesn't matter. LBR is not in effect until the batter-runner is out or touches first. There is no specific mention of a walk in the rule. What I wrote in my last post is pretty much straight out of the USSSA rule book.

May 17, 2012
Not sure that is true for LBR.

DD hits ball LBR is in effect immediately, I think walk is different.

I am pretty sure. :)

It's an easy way to keep it straight in your head. If an umpire tries to tell you different it's time to protest.

Jun 22, 2008
"The lookback rule shall be in effect for all runners when the ball is live, the batter-runner has touched first base or has been declared out, and the pitcher has possession (and control, USA requirement) of the ball within the pitchers circle."

There is no difference between a walk and a batted ball, the LBR does not go into effect until the batter/runner reaches 1st base.

Oct 11, 2018
"The lookback rule shall be in effect for all runners when the ball is live, the batter-runner has touched first base or has been declared out, and the pitcher has possession (and control, USA requirement) of the ball within the pitchers circle."

There is no difference between a walk and a batted ball, the LBR does not go into effect until the batter/runner reaches 1st base.

also no LBR on dropped third strike until batter-runner has touched first base or has been declared out

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802