Launch position.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Some hitters go to no stride after an injury(Cabrera) or a slump. But, like RichK posted:
no-striding, to not be TRULY static but to have under-the-hood athletic actions (ie, Pujols)
source.gif

A lot of 'under the hood actions'.

Apr 12, 2016
What is the advantage of dynamically arriving at a launch position over starting in a launch position?

Mar 9, 2018
im beginning to be a proponent of starting in the launch position. The stride involves so much of the timing aspect and if the stride foot comes down early or late it is problematic but if you start in the launch position the only decision is when to launch...just my opinion

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Most kids don't coil inward without a stride. So, the uncoil (which everyone does) will lead to being open at toe touch (or 'start' if you don't stride per se).

It always amazes me that people dont want to learn what 99% of MLB hitters actually do. Or they use cues that conflict with what actually happens.

Apr 12, 2016
So why not start in a launch position with an inward coil versus arriving in the same launch position dynamically?

Sep 17, 2009
What is the advantage of dynamically arriving at a launch position over starting in a launch position?

I think it's timing and the ability to make adjustments. You could do that from a start-in-launch-position with the right mechanics. I think most hitters would feel more comfortable making adjustments (setting direction; letting out the arms when fooled) if there's a little athleticism in the their load.

May 12, 2016
So we are all on the same page, can somebody post a image of what launch position. In the context of this thread, are we talking starting in this position?

Aug 20, 2017
The brain knows you want to swing hard. The brain tells the body that in order to swing hard, the body needs some going back to forward for fastest swing speed. This would be like a golfer beginning the swing from the top in a perfect coiled position

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802