Land leg "giving out"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
Was this the doctor's order or is your daughter's season over? My daughter's season still has USSSA states next weekend and PGF states the following week and she's the #1 pitcher. Not sure I can keep her off it if her MRI comes back like your daughter's did.

I know these tournaments seem important now, but in the end do you want her to pitch in a couple of meaningless fall tournaments or continue on to high school and/or college?

I don’t blame you because I felt the same way when DD injured her hip. Initially the doctor said it was probably a pulled hamstring. Said she could do some stretching and stop pitching if the pain got too bad. DD said it was bothering her pretty bad, but fall state was coming up so I encouraged her to do what she could. After the game we took her to the ortho and she was dangerously close to never playing and possibly never walking again. As it was she was in a wheel chair and crutches for 6 months and full recovery took about a year. She still has the pin in her hip.

Note to parents who think their DD’s need to pitch every inning at 10U or 12U or they’ll fall behind; DD didn’t pitch a year of 10U due to idiot coaches and almost a year 12’s due to an idiot Father. All the drama that felt like the end of the world at that age had zero effect by 14U.

Jul 9, 2016
Was this the doctor's order or is your daughter's season over? My daughter's season still has USSSA states next weekend and PGF states the following week and she's the #1 pitcher. Not sure I can keep her off it if her MRI comes back like your daughter's did.

Luckily.....this happened last game of our season, during 3rd inning she was told to warm up....she went into an area posted no warmups...

She also landed on her elbow and got a stinger and was saying that was hurting more than her knee at that moment...a little bit of shock.

She is a Righty pitcher and this was her Left Knee.

4 weeks ago and still discomfort...but she can throw stationary.....and definitely her drop ball puts the most strain on the knee.

Our season is over and better now than the beginning of the season....

Jul 9, 2016
Hate that hole, you can not fix it. Change as needed and do land in it.

Not sure what no running after 1st means.

Happy New Years!!

DD can throw stationary as long as no discomfort.

No practice with Team where they run them like dogs....

She will show up to Team practice and do what ever...sit ups, pus ups , No aggressive drills till till after the First of January and we will see go slow and see how she if feeling by then.

Dr says only time and rest can make this heal correctly.

So that being said, her Pitching Coach is working with us and now we are taking the time for drills on location, location, location!!!

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
THIS is exactly its Perfect!!!!!:
Note to parents who think their DD’s need to pitch every inning at 10U or 12U or they’ll fall behind; DD didn’t pitch a year of 10U due to idiot coaches and almost a year 12’s due to an idiot Father. All the drama that felt like the end of the world at that age had zero effect by 14U.[/QUOTE]

I know these tournaments seem important now, but in the end do you want her to pitch in a couple of meaningless fall tournaments or continue on to high school and/or college?

I don’t blame you because I felt the same way when DD injured her hip. Initially the doctor said it was probably a pulled hamstring. Said she could do some stretching and stop pitching if the pain got too bad. DD said it was bothering her pretty bad, but fall state was coming up so I encouraged her to do what she could. After the game we took her to the ortho and she was dangerously close to never playing and possibly never walking again. As it was she was in a wheel chair and crutches for 6 months and full recovery took about a year. She still has the pin in her hip.

Note to parents who think their DD’s need to pitch every inning at 10U or 12U or they’ll fall behind; DD didn’t pitch a year of 10U due to idiot coaches and almost a year 12’s due to an idiot Father. All the drama that felt like the end of the world at that age had zero effect by 14U.

Oct 4, 2016
UPDATE on daughter's knee.

First of all, thank you all for your responses. I appreciate this board more and more with all the caring advice you all offer. I wanted to let you all know that my daughter had her MRI yesterday. Results came back today and the knee is perfect. No tears, strains, bruises, tendonitis, - 100% clear! Going to have her check it out today and see if the "giving out" happens any more. Will go slow, for sure and will focus on her mechanics. Will update later.

Have a nice afternoon!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23