Kudos to Michelle Smith

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I think I heard her discussing that during that game. I didn't catch the clip of Garcia but did think she explained "sequential" and the use of levers (upper & lower) to create whip pretty well.
Yep...that is it. She did a nice job. It was an accurate description.

Jul 22, 2015
Michelle gave a completely accurate description of the pitching motion during one of the UCLA vs Oregon games. It was music my ears.

She pulled out a very good clip of Garcia pitching, showing the proper throwing motion in a lot of detail. And, then she gave a great explanation of the motion.

Michelle was a fabulous softball player, one of the best pitchers of all time. To hear her give accurate explanations of pitching really boosts the understanding of pitching for dads and future Olympians.

Got to give her a good, socially distanced pat on the back.
I didn't see it so I shouldn't comment, but I can't help myself. If this is true then it is the first time I've heard of or seen her give accurate explanations regarding pitching. I know she was a great pitcher in her day, but I've seen her "analyze" pitches/pitchers so inaccurately in the past that it's hard to listen to her now.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Yep...that is it. She did a nice job. It was an accurate description.
Ok and that's fine, maybe if she receives some positive reinforcement occasionally she'll be more receptive to some of the negative feedback.. Have to agree with what appears to be the majority sentiment here that most often she makes it difficult to "listen" to the games when she's announcing.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.....

May 21, 2018

Here is a link to the game. The description is at 33:45 minute mark. I thought it was worth stopping and having DD watch it.

I'm assuming this is what Sluggers is talking about, otherwise ........ooops.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28