Kudos to Michelle Smith

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Michelle gave a completely accurate description of the pitching motion during one of the UCLA vs Oregon games. It was music my ears.

She pulled out a very good clip of Garcia pitching, showing the proper throwing motion in a lot of detail. And, then she gave a great explanation of the motion.

Michelle was a fabulous softball player, one of the best pitchers of all time. To hear her give accurate explanations of pitching really boosts the understanding of pitching for dads and future Olympians.

Got to give her a good, socially distanced pat on the back.

Jun 8, 2016
Michelle gave a completely accurate description of the pitching motion during one of the UCLA vs Oregon games. It was music my ears.

She pulled out a very good clip of Garcia pitching, showing the proper throwing motion in a lot of detail. And, then she gave a great explanation of the motion.

Michelle was a fabulous softball player, one of the best pitchers of all time. To hear her give accurate explanations of pitching really boosts the understanding of pitching for dads and future Olympians.

Got to give her a good, socially distanced pat on the back.
This is not a @Hillhouse approved message..

Aug 21, 2008
<sigh> you forgot to say "2 time Olympic Gold Medalist Michele Smith". If you don't say the whole thing, don't say anything.

I'm still trying to figure out if Sluggers was being sarcastic or sincere. My Spidey sense isn't helping on this one.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Sluggers already doesn't like me, so I wasn't going to bring up anything like insane screw ball rotation! I read this earlier and immediately thought of Mr. Hillhouse!

Oct 1, 2014
USA

I think I heard her discussing that during that game. I didn't catch the clip of Garcia but did think she explained "sequential" and the use of levers (upper & lower) to create whip pretty well. Is that when Beth Mowins said "it's a good thing I speak pitcher"?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom