KK First year 14U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Finally got our first games in, been using this time in quarantine to work on some swing adjustments. I’ve seen posts by @pattar & @Eric F Chronicling their daughters journey so I thought I’d start one for my sister and get some feedback. Looking at her swing all the time it’s good to get outside thoughts in case I miss things.

First at bat back

Fourth at bat of the day

comparison of the two

Got it. She is slotting the back elbow in the comparison videos, side by side. This lets slop enter because nothing is happening while the elbow slots. Swing becomes disconnected.

Edit: Now that I’ve look at it more, she seems to slot the back elbow as the weight moves forward. Might be call all back and all forward.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2017
Got it. She is slotting the back elbow in the comparison videos, side by side. This lets slop enter because nothing is happening while the elbow slots. Swing becomes disconnected.

Edit: Now that I’ve look at it more, she seems to slot the back elbow as the weight moves forward. Might be call all back and all forward.
Oh gotcha you’re talking about the swing and miss or both of them?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Oh gotcha you’re talking about the swing and miss or both of them?

She sequences pretty darn well !!

The, hands need to be free (some claim slop) while getting leveraged fyb. This is what allows for hitters to adjust there hand pivot for the on coming pitch..

You don't want to force a scap load.. The Scap load should happen as part of the sequence.. Forcing locks the hands into a static position and limits adjustability.

Jun 8, 2016
You know I actually think that Marcela and my sister have similar adjustments to be made. She was at a similar spot at your daughters age mentally and performance wise. I just caught up with your post last night and from watching I really think all it is is a timing issue. We can nitpick movements and patterns all day long but at the end of the day I fall back on be athletic and be on time. Maybe a verbal cue of be way early will show her how much time she truly has and will allow her to make her own adjustments. As for your DD’s HC I tell my sister as well as all the girls I work with get the sign from your coach then ignore them even if it’s me teach them to be independent and make their own adjustments and that starts them on a path to being a complete hitter. As for mentally you’d be surprised how quickly things turn around after a few solid hits.
From the video you posted, I see your sister expecting to swing on every pitch. With Marcela I see some tentativeness and not the same expectation. In general, Marcela lacks aggressiveness on the ball field/ basketball court. She has an athlete's physical ability but not the mental makeup of one 🤷‍♂️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802