Keeping her out of her head

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
the art of mental training by DC Gonzales
Short super easy read even for a 12 year old.

Good suggestion.

Mentally Tough Teens was a book I had DD read as a first year 12u. Easy read and helped her with pitching.

While OP's DD is too young to read it (due to length and more in-depth material) .....I'd really encourage the OP to read Mind Gym. It covers positive thinking and how to prepare mentally. There's a lot that applies to everyday life...not just sports. And by reading it there are tools that you can use to help your DD as she grows.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
This can have different roots. Some kids are
So inner driven to be 100% that 95% is a failure. And any error makes them upset
Other kids want to make their parents proud/happy that any error makes them feel like they let down mom or dad.
Other kids it’s the coach/ team they want acceptance from.
What drives your child to be perfect. Until you know it will be hard to help.

Sep 21, 2017
PA
Good suggestion.

Mentally Tough Teens was a book I had DD read as a first year 12u. Easy read and helped her with pitching.

While OP's DD is too young to read it (due to length and more in-depth material) .....I'd really encourage the OP to read Mind Gym. It covers positive thinking and how to prepare mentally. There's a lot that applies to everyday life...not just sports. And by reading it there are tools that you can use to help your DD as she grows.

I suggest Mentally Tough Teens to everyone who asks. Justin is great. It can be tough to find, so I randomly search for it on Amazon and pick up a new copy when I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802