Keep your fingers crossed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Tell her to relax and fun. Also hustle everywhere, even if they don't say anything about it. In a choice between two players who are close in ability, coaches will almost always take the one who hustles.

Good luck!

Jul 17, 2008
in the dugout
And you, stay in the car or leave.

LOL... i actually had a girl try out for my team this summer and i didn't take her because her parents were such PIAs. her dad stayed in my ear the entire time, telling me how she could play any position and that she had a cannon for an arm. no thanks...

we'll be keeping our fingers crossed. let us know how things go.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
Thanks for your thoughts. DD had a good tryout (so did a whole bunch of other gals.) Looks like we may have 2- 14u teams here this year. if thats the case she is in good shape for sure. If only 1 team its gonna be close, but probably might not make it. She is 13 & there were a bunch of bigger stronger gals out there today. Lane

May 5, 2008
When do you expect to hear something back?

Did you know there's a big debate about "cutting" in youth sports?

Anyway I no matter the outcome, I wish your DD well!

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
Wont know for about a month... I coached the 12u "B" team last year, so I may know a litttle sooner as I think there's a pretty good chance I will coach a 14u team this year.
I am not too sure I really like the whole A team B team concept in travel ball even though it may be the difference in my DD playing or not playing. My "B" girls improved a ton last year, but its pretty rough getting handed your butt on a steady basis. There are just not too many true intermediate divisions in the tournaments around here.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
well- got the phone call- made the team, but dont know if its A or B yet(probably B, & dont know if I am coaching again this year yet either. Thanks Lane

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee