K-Factor

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 5, 2008
To Marcs suggestion of the xlerator----as a device to help with warming up and lubricating the shoulder joint I think it has some merit. But if you use a good pitching motion with this device you will probably hit yourself in the back of the drag leg.
If you have a pitcher that cannot break the habit of bringing her ball hand behind her head, the xlerator will tend to help correct this issue----because they will definitely hit them selves in the leg. Sometimes in severe situations you have to perform and exaggerated move/drill that tends to overcorrect just to get to the place you really want to be......but be wary of these types of drills.
It really is important to look at training aids or drills and see if they truely mimic or help to reinforce good pitching mechanics.

Very good points Rick

I have to agree. I also like the xlerator for warming up the shoulder and possibly for illustrating to the pitcher a better arm path. However, I do not believe it mimics good pitching mechanics overall and shouldn't be used as such.

I am very wary of most pitching aids like the K-factor in general simply because most will not mimic good pitching mechanics - they may for one phase of the pitch, but not for others and you need it all working together.

I like Marc's advice about strengthening those stabilizer muscles. I think more pitchers need to focus on training that will do this for them and help strengthen all those functional muscles around their joints (for their legs too, not only for their arms).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802