Just looking for thoughts and feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Just an observation, something different about her swing at the 13 sec mark, IDK could be just me, but it looks like more whip, more power, more drive at contact

gif (2).gif

Nov 16, 2017
Just an observation, something different about her swing at the 13 sec mark, IDK could be just me, but it looks like more whip, more power, more drive at contact

View attachment 18482

Her follow through here gives it away to me. A lot of the other swings her follow through is below the shoulder wrapping around the body. Here she finishes up above the shoulder.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Her bunt/slap game is excellent! Speed like that is hard to defend against.

On full swings, she lacks coil, and has a an upper-body powered swing, which is not ideal for power. There's definitely more in the tank.

I've seen this often with slappers when they use a regular swing. Regardless, she's probably not built to hit it out. If she can swing on-time with the pitch and hit it reasonably hard, that's good enough. One bobble and she's on 2B.

May 12, 2016
I've seen this often with slappers when they use a regular swing. Regardless, she's probably not built to hit it out. If she can swing on-time with the pitch and hit it reasonably hard, that's good enough. One bobble and she's on 2B.
IDK about that... I think she has the ability to be a dual threat, small ball and speed, and long ball when needed. Then again, I am forming an opinion based off a Youtube vid :). She just seems like a powerful young athlete

May 24, 2013
So Cal
IDK about that... I think she has the ability to be a dual threat, small ball and speed, and long ball when needed. Then again, I am forming an opinion based off a Youtube vid :). She just seems like a powerful young athlete

Agreed. One thing I know is that I would want an athlete like this on my team every single day. These are players that make things happen. You know she's going to put the ball on the ground in the IF, you're ready for it...and she still beats you. Make a mistake in your panic, and she's at 2B or 3B.

Jun 8, 2016
With the bats used and short fences there are not too many post-pubescent women who do not have the physical ability to hit the ball out of the park...

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I’m sorry if I’ve posted in the wrong place. I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys since there’s so much knowledge and experience from so many people here. Thanks in advance.

Nothing like a power slap to knock a pitcher off the mound :devilish:

Dec 16, 2019
You guys have been so great. I just watch and film and support. So I don’t know much technical stuff. I’m not sure I can post this but if anyone has some time to kill or is just interested in her progression in the past two years or so, here’s a link to her YouTube

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
You guys have been so great. I just watch and film and support. So I don’t know much technical stuff. I’m not sure I can post this but if anyone has some time to kill or is just interested in her progression in the past two years or so, here’s a link to her YouTube

Definition of Morgan = WEAPON

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478