Just dropped her off at college

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Crazy emotional day but I managed without crying.

I guarantee I wont manage this. Parents speak at our senior night game - I am not getting through that either. Less than a couple of years away... so yeah it goes fast.

May 8, 2012
NJ
Just did the same today too Murph. It doesn't seem like it should be happening yet...i mean, she was just a hs freshman yesterday

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
DD started a week ago. Yes, it is a difficult adjustment. Even when she was home she was typically out with her friends. But it is a different feeling. Friends told me what it would be like, but I still wasn't prepared.

Jun 17, 2014
My DD left a little over a week ago too. I agree, there were many nights home alone with DH because the kids were out for the evening, but it feels very different! I'm lucky and glad that she's not too far and I can go see her team's fall scrimmages at the end of this month!

Jun 11, 2012
My DD left a little over a week ago too. I agree, there were many nights home alone with DH because the kids were out for the evening, but it feels very different! I'm lucky and glad that she's not too far and I can go see her team's fall scrimmages at the end of this month!

Mine is close too. About an hour if I hit traffic, but an easy train or subway ride away.

May 17, 2017
It was very sad giving her that 'hug' goodbye.I only went through a 1/2 box of tissues :) !

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
My dd has been gone for a couple of weeks now. Three hours away, so no too bad. And I agree, it is a big adjustment at the house. Different kind of feeling and hard to explain. One positive, there is a lot less laundry for me to do, and the house stays clean a lot longer. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28