Jump from 10u to 12u hitting...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
She has a great swing! Very balanced and powerful. Looks to have a little bit of a front arm bar. May be helpful to introduce the “rock the U” concept to help the front elbow stay slightly bent and work up through contact.

Oct 6, 2019
The dbsf would explain why she's getting weak flys in the infield. And barring her arm would also explain why I thought she gets sawed off often. Thank you for the response time to go to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The dbsf would explain why she's getting weak flys in the infield. And barring her arm would also explain why I thought she gets sawed off often. Thank you for the response time to go to work

First off. I think your DD gets in some good positions. There is a lot to like!

What I see is really good tempo and a good sequence the first swing. Especially her weight transfer. It’s done on time and from a more athletic stance. Which in turns makes her mechanics work for her. Smooth.

The second swing she is sitting down more, strides before she transfers her weight which makes her transfer late and rush her hands forward before they fully load. Just take a look at the tempo between the two swings.

I would go back to the first stance. Making sure her mass(shoulders to pelvis)advances first, like in the first swing. You want to see the belly button go forward before the stride goes. Even if just an inch. The mass takes the longest to move. It needs to go first. There are other reasons. But as it pertains to your DD, it’s the issue I see.

Good luck!

Oct 6, 2019
We hadn't worked on changing anything between the two swings the only difference was the day. Lol so if they look different that would be her when she approached the plate.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

While there is a strong DBSF pattern involved, there also seems to be a bit of a downward barrel path to contact, which is contributing to the ground ball/pop-up results.

Oct 6, 2019
Now the question I have is what's the best drills to work for this

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Now the question I have is what's the best drills to work for this

I would start with working on the feeling of using the hands/forearms to turn the barrel to contact. I posted a video in my comment on page 1 of the thread. Hands turn the barrel. Rear shoulder delivers the hands. Work "out-from" the rear shoulder, not around the body. It's going to be a very different feel for her, and will take a while to reprogram her pattern.

EDIT: Having her start with the barrel resting on her shoulder, and learning how to turn the barrel off the shoulder will help reprogram the DBSF move. If the barrel stays on the shoulder until it's launched, the hands can't lay it flat behind her the way she is now. Learning how to use an angled swing plane is a big part of making this work, too.

Sep 29, 2014
The reason I suggested low tee drills just as a start was to understand for instance with a ball knee high she can't get her hands that low, she has to understand and "feel" using bat angle to attack the ball not getting hand to same level. Couple this with hands turning the barrel drill Eric discussed so she doesn't use the downward path or chopping down motion and i think you will see some improvements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45