Juarez throwing backspin rise

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
was encouraged that Odicci (JMU) threw multiple pitches with differing spin.
Drop and bullet, but hey - its a start.

Contrast to Fouts (Alabama) that lives on a "located" big-dot bullet heater for every pitch.

Jun 8, 2016
Is this a good overlay for softball? Honestly don't know hence the question. Giving a baseball overlay for reference.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Juarez is throwing a backspin rise with a slight axis tilt.

Finally, a real rise... And Michelle calls it a curve.
@sluggers l I think I mentioned what you are saying a few days ago. and I said I would follow it up with video.

My apologies as I have not done that yet but will try to capture the video tomorrow.

You are right! G threw with true riseball spin and that likely is the difference in her (OU) and everyone else.

Something to take away for everyone else???? Maybe so!

Will try to post the vid tomorrow or sometime this week for sure.

Great post @sluggers

Jul 22, 2015
Is this a good overlay for softball? Honestly don't know hence the question. Giving a baseball overlay for reference.

I know how much success she's had, so obviously what she does works, but.... when you look at the overlay the pitches diverge paths almost immediately. That said, it clearly doesn't make them easy to hit. Ideally they would be on the same path as long as possible but, with her velocity she's a different beast so who am I to critique.

Jun 8, 2016
I know how much success she's had, so obviously what she does works, but.... when you look at the overlay the pitches diverge paths almost immediately.
Right which is what you see in good baseball overlays but I wasn't sure if that was possible in fastpitch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802