Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Pitch location would be what determines adjustments. Done with the hands.. height, speed etc. the body adheres to this. If the pitch is high hands go up. Pitch is slow hands stay back. Pitch is in hands create a tighter line inside the pitch.

It’s not set your body then swing. Too slow. See the hands adjust first then the body?

The swing is a little different because the pitch is inside. Therefor the hands take off ahead of the body.

Jun 8, 2016
His hands are operating separately. Not a power hitters swing.
I just showed that Miggy clip where he basically launches from the same point relative to his body for 6 different pitch locations so your statement may have some validity...:)

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
As a general rule foot starts down at release. Hands go back to launch position as foot starts down. From release to about half way home is your read time. Launch is forearms/wrists turning the handle. If your foot is starting down and you recognize change you slow down your actions. Launch is still forearms/wrists turning the handle. You are not chopping down a tree lol.

It’s chopping slightly up on a tree. Ted is either pitying you. Or cursing you. Lol.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
I just showed that Miggy clip where he basically launches from the same point relative to his body for 6 different pitch locations so your statement may have some validity...:)

I had started a thread on this specifically and at the end of the day people stated that he gaining knowledge thru the game and guessing at where the pitch would be. i still thought that he was always doing the same action UNTIL perhaps just before foot plant. But i agree, i think it is pretty consistent until launch.

https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/miggy-6-home-run-gifs.35618/#post-499330

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Imo. There is an efficient swing and inefficient swing .,Miggy has an efficient swing. Power is not his goal. Hitting the ball in any local is his goal. Power is relative to the player. Try to manufacture power and lose efficiency. To each his own. I want efficiency. Power will come with good swings.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Ok regardless of whether I agree that the adjustments you speak of are correct, you are using pitch recognition to make them correct? If the answer is yes, would you agree that the longer you can read the pitch before committing to any adjustments, the better the information your brain can give to the body parts to make the adjustments ? Yes or no only please ;)

NO ONE SAID ITS NOT FAST. ITS NOT ADJUSTABLE. HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU NEED TO READ IT.

You have a speed you have to adhere to ... fast ball correct? Didn’t you agree with that? So it’s look fast( shortest window) adjust if needed.

When you use A to B you can commit later. Not at foot down like turn the barrel.

Like either TM says or Tewks. The heel hits you go. You know ‘ the shift is the swing’ and ‘GO drill.A B C D. Those mechanics need that giddy up. Cuz they ain’t using the core. When the core is tied to launch(hands). No adjustments can be made.All momentum based.

TTB launch : hands forearms Barrel core all together. From deep right? That is where the bat speed originated from? Correct?

A to B : arms then hands then barrel. While the core creates the leverage before hand. My speed is made throughout. And harnessed and stored.

Now who can walk out fast and adjust to slow? 🤔 1 speed at a time. Cuz once that foot hits you gotta go.

PATTAR, ITS NOT ADJUSTABLE. AJ proves it everyday!

Ps. Why do you think AJ ditched the ‘no stride’?

Hint momentum.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
NO ONE SAID ITS NOT FAST. ITS NOT ADJUSTABLE. HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU NEED TO READ IT.

You have a speed you have to adhere to ... fast ball correct? Didn’t you agree with that? So it’s look fast( shortest window) adjust if needed.

When you use A to B you can commit later. Not at foot down like turn the barrel.

Like either TM says or Tewks. The heel hits you go. You know ‘ the shift is the swing’ and ‘GO drill.A B C D. Those mechanics need that giddy up. Cuz they ain’t using the core. When the core is tied to launch(hands). No adjustments can be made.All momentum based.

TTB launch : hands forearms Barrel core all together. From deep right? That is where the bat speed originated from? Correct?

A to B : arms then hands then barrel. While the core creates the leverage before hand. My speed is made throughout. And harnessed and stored.

Now who can walk out fast and adjust to slow? 🤔 1 speed at a time. Cuz once that foot hits you gotta go.

PATTAR, ITS NOT ADJUSTABLE. AJ proves it everyday!

Ps. Why do you think AJ ditched the ‘no stride’?

W=W,

I don't want to stand in the way of pattar's conversation with you, but let me just say there are several comments in your post that are just flat wrong in regards to TTB.

Jun 8, 2016
I am not yelling at you and my guess is if we met in person you wouldn't want to yell at me either.

When you use A to B you can commit later.
Only way that is true is you can get the barrel to the ball quicker with A to B so tell me again
why you are so sure this is true?

Like either TM says or Tewks. The heel hits you go.
Show me where TM has said this (admittedly I haven't read as much of Tewks)

You know ‘ the shift is the swing’ and ‘GO drill.A B C D. Those mechanics need that giddy up. Cuz they ain’t using the core.
So coiling around your rear hip and then stretching your upper back as you move out before launch isn't using your core?

TTB launch : hands forearms Barrel core all together.
Not even sure what that means but I will call it the Kumbaya method of hitting..like it?

Remind me again why early acceleration precludes "speed being made throughout" ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28